cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My company is a distributor and we recently have a business case where when I buy a certain supplier's product, because of our distributor agreement I am only allowed to sell that product within the US and Canada.   Can someone direct me to the functionality within SAP that handles this situation?  It's not specific customers, and our materials have multiple vendors.  So I don't feel I can use Listing & Exclusion functionality.

Suggestions are appreciated!

Gina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just in addition to the reply of Phanikumar, You can use to different sales document types one for US/Canada and another document for other countries, and in the material master use different item category for the materials, then for the sales document type allow only specific Item category, by this you can restrict the material in sales order.

Regards,

Zafar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good-- that you updated members on your future plan on this issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your ideas and feedback.  I was hoping there was a more standard process solution already included within SAP.  We will consider the use of order types in our thought processes.

Gina

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gina, Phani,

This is a good thread. Thanks!

One aspect is to use different document types for saleable only in US,Canada and other for saleable everywhere. Probably with batch determination functionality, the selection of goods could be automated. (not sure though)

Other aspect is to restrict an order / sale depending upon product from vendor & region (customer). This has not been addressed here and might require enhancement (ABAP coding).

TW

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually it is controlled through plant or storage location level extension of material. If plant is different for these countries then extend material only for US and Canada plants. If storage location is specific then use that. It depends on your organizational structure.

For these materials you could use country field in condition table and maintain price only for US and Canada. Without price material can not be sold. Again this is your system and I can't be so sure about it. I can just give you some ideas and you have to see which is feasible or workable.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

The material (with the same material code in SAP) can be sold without restriction and in another case, it can only be sold inside US and Canada. Further, my understanding is that the inventory is "mixed" and kept in the same plant and in the same storage locations.

The differentiating factor is the batch. Based on batch, the material can or cannot be sold outside US and Canada.

Gina, please confirm my last lines.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, TW, you are exactly correct.  I can buy Vendor A's material into any plant, but can only sell it within the US and Canada.  I can buy Vendor B's material into any plant, but I can sell to any country around the world.

Gina

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If GTS is activated, then the requirement is quite possible I believe.  Nevertheless, have a look at this document and give a try.

Customising of legal control in R3 - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

In fact,  Brian King  has documented couple of more document here on Foreign Trade Regulations.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/users/viewuserprofile.action?username=1035jqh0e

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

G. Lakshmipathi,

I understand why you would see this as a fit, but my requirement is not really a legal requirement. It's more of contractual requirement.  It seems like the use of Legal Controls would be overboard - we don't require any sort of licensing and they're not necessarily export shipment (some are within the US).

Gina

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your sales document type is same for both US/Canada  and Other countries??

Try with Different sales document types--there by we can assign different batch determination strategies.

Also just a guess--have you tried by creating batch determination condition table with Fields like--

Ship to party(KUNWE),destination country(LAND1) & material(MATNR)..

Pl update..

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gina,

Could this be a possible business scenario - material TV-100 could be purchased from a "certain supplier" and also from a "generic supplier" (note - exact identical material code in SAP, from two different type of vendors)?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW - yes, what you have described, is a completely valid scenario.

Gina

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gina,

How does business differentiate the same product from different types of vendors?

Is the plant and storage location the same, for a material irrespective of type of vendor?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

We store the vendor/supplier on the batch record (MCHA-LIFNR field). We then have custom inventory reports to view the information for each batch in inventory. (we use batch management).

We are running the Mill Products solution, batch management is active.  Each spool of wire for us is a batch with it's own identity.

Gina

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gina,

From batch of a material can we distinguish salable in US and Canada & salable everywhere?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's pretty much the functionality I'm looking for.  Because vendor on the batch is "Vendor A", then only allow sales order to US or Canada.

Hmm....could something in a batch determination schema handle this?

Gina