Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to IDOC asynchronous testing

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a SOAP to IDOC asynchronous scenario. I have published it to Service Registry. But when I tested it there and I got an error saying "Only asynchronous processing supported for IDoc adapter outbound processg". Apparently, it was calling synchronously. Any idea on this?

Thanks,

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your sender channel(SOAP) what is the quality of service you are maintaining? change it to EO/EOIO from BE.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gampa,

It was/is set to EO.

Charles.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you testing this service? soap UI? May i know the URL you are using to trigger?

refer to my reply in below thread and see if that is the issue?

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I tested both in service registry and SOAPUI. I just changed my endpoint to URL like this

"http://server:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&senderService=BS_JobRun_F&receiverPart..."

but still not luck. Can you see what is wrong?

Thanks.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your URL seems good.

How did you define your service interface?

May be you can try with another URL as suggested by Michael in below thread and how that behaves.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

I defined sender interface as Asynchronous. I directly use IDOC as my receiver interface. So I don't have receiver interface. in message mapping and interface mapping, I used IDOC.

yeah. I saw his thread. I added ProcessindMode=Asynchronous to the endpoint. But still the same.

BTW, how do you do this kind of test?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I normally Use soap UI for testing my web service interfaces... you can even use WSnavigator/ runtime work bench test message options..

>>>yeah. I saw his thread. I added ProcessindMode=Asynchronous to the endpoint. But still the same

Did you also check the checkbox for use query string in sender channel?

Also you can even try with another URL.

• http:// <host name> : <port name> /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party name> : <service name> : <channel name> . If you have not created a party, enterchannel=: <service name> : <channel name>
former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.I checked the checkbox for use query string in sender channel. i also changed my address location as "

<soap:address location="http://url:50000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&ProcessindMode=Asynchronous&QualityOfService=E..."

when I tested it in SOAPUI. I got error said " I have authorization to process the message".

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user should have the role "SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER" assigned in order to send message to PI.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I do have the role.

How do you create the wsdl? I created it in sender agreement and then save it to my local PC. and then manually changed the "soap:address location" in the wsdl. and then import to SOAP UI for testing. This time, I changed URL to

"<soap:address location="http://server:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_JobRun_F:CC_Sender_SOAP_PMFirstAvailabi..."

I still get the error.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you still getting unauthorized error when you send message from soap UI?

If so try with pre-emptive authentication in soap UI.

You don't need to change the soap address in wsdl.. you should be able to provide the URL in soap ui (on the top it displays end point URL)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

May be you need to turn off the IDOC acknowledgements.

~Srini

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Can you tell me where I can turn off the IDOC acknowledgements? I don't see I can set it up in Communication Channel.

Thanks,

Charles

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can turn it off using the report IDX_NOALE.

~Srini

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tuned it off. But still calling as synchronous  message.