cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering dynamic layout on PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to render and PDF( Using Webdynpro for Java ) with some text fields, And i want to hide few fileds based on some check.

Any idea how to hidd it, If at all i hide an text filed, is there any way to render the next text field in that place instead of blank space.

Regards,

Trikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal & Krish,

Thank you very much for your effort. I have got enough idea to proceed with my requirement.

Regards,

Trikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trikanth,

you can add script where you want. For example to click event of some button. Maybe page 93 (Hiding and showing objects) will help you.

For processing all fields there is an example http://blogs.adobe.com/formbuilder/2006/06/process_all_fields.html

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trikanth,

example javascript for hiding textField:

xfa.resolveNode("data.subPage1.subFlowed.TextField1").presence="hidden";

I think that http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba... can help you, especially pages 11 and 20 (To insert object reference syntax automatically).

And as Krish wrote your form must be dynamic for this functionality.

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Still i am not clear about where to add this script. For example i want to hide an text field if it has no value in it.

Is there any generic way to hide all the text fields with null value.

Thanks,

Trikanth

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Trikanth,

There are two steps involved:

1. Create a dynamic PDF first (using Wd4J).

2. Go on making the fields visible/invisible ((scripting)) as per your requirements. You would not find any blank space in between in case of a dynamic PDF as it would have been otherwise with the static forms. Dynamic form gets rendered/re-rendered on the client.

Best Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Could you please provide me a sample script to toggle it visible / invisible. As i am not so expert in this area.

Regards,

Trikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trikanth,

insert your text fields into subform with flowed content (tab Object->Subform).

You can hide a text field by setting its property presence to "hidden".

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your quick response,

Do i need to set the property of the Subform or Text field. My requirement is to hide Text field.

Regards,

Trikanth