Did you mean: 

No insp.Lot for 344 mvt.Type - 08 insp.type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am facing a small problem while practicing - 08 insp.type for 344 mvt.in IDES

Master Data Maintained:

a.Material-ROH

b.Insp.type-01&08 active and 'Post to Insp.stock' field tick for 2 insp.types.

c.Material extended to 0001,0002 sloc's.

Execution:

a.Created P.O,GR in 0001 sloc for 01 insp.;Insp.lot created

b.UD given as Accepted; posted qty in 'UR'  in 0001 SLOC.

c.Carried out stock transfer from 0001 sloc -U/R stock to 0002 Blocked stock thru MB1B.(stock posted to 0002 sloc 'blocked stck' without fail)

Problem:

a. Why?After posting thru MB1B ,no inspection lot created for stock transfer B/w SLOC 0001 & 0002.

Task done:

Verified "Up date control" for mvt type and

Deactivate mvt type for QI -- No mvt type 344 present in the list of mvts.

Plz guide me the solution.

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin ji,

Thanks for your support.

In one by one practice in IDES For 08 INSP.TYPE,I assumed to replicate my plant scenario, in that

• Material reciept thru 101mvt to SLC 0001-->Material acceptance in GR&placed in UR use in SLC0001-->After placing in UR,Material found problem --->Material moving to 0002(I assumed as this SLOC 0002 meant for BLOCKED stock only )
  • by doing above, I have not got Inspection lot .If Inspection lot got generated , I have to re inspect the material, and if any quantity accepted in Total qty i have to post that to again UR.

For this scenario,  am I  following a correct path or wrong path(by selecting a separate SLOC 0002 for blocked stock?

With your experiences in Domain / SAP,Please guide us the  best practice,that

How to transfer Defective stock from UR to Blocked stock (of same sloc or it can be placed in other SLOC's).

Thanks,

Karthik

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
After placing in UR,Material found problem ---

I don't understand this. How do you find problem in material after posting it to UR? Is there physical inspection involved? You basically first do the inspection/ analysis and then you must had posted it to UR (SLOC 001). There is something missing here !

I assume you need to keep the material blocked (to avoid any consumption/ issuance) if it is later found defective. Is that the requirement?

There could be two ways to achieve this,

• If UR to block is needed directly: Carry out mvmt 344 and place the qty into block stock (you'll not get any inspection lot in this case).
  • If UR to QI is needed before posting to Block: Activate 08 inspection type, do the 322 mvmt using MB1B from Unrestricted, get the inspection lot along with qty into QI. Re inspect the material and post it either to UR or Block as per results and suitability.

• Or combining effort could be using 344 and then using 349. It flows like 321>322>321/350 or it could also be 321>344>349> 321/350.

From my domain experience, I''d rather choose not to define a separate location for Block stock if I really need to block this qty. Even if it is needed, 344 mvmt will actually block the material until you do further mvmt to move it to other location. Standard procedure !

Or, if you only need to transfer the qty to this location, you can use 311 mvmt to move the qty to SLOC 002 but this will be available for any use. There are further checks to keep up the material here and avoid any use by using authorization logic but that's not advisable from my side.

I'll prefer to go with italic statements made above.

ntn

PS: Please adhere to community rules and don't post the same response to every participant

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two concepts you need to understand,

• Mvmt type 344 is not configured for inspection. Every inspection lot origin has a mvmt type behind which triggers the lot generation. 08 or any other origin is not designed for 344.

• If you move the stock from UR to Block stock, why do you need inspection? Besides, it was first posted to UR after inspection, correct?

If business really demands further inspection, you may want to look at 322 mvmt which can take the stock back into QI along with an inspection lot (08 type) and thereafter, you can post it to Block stock directly.

ntn

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you working with Handling units?

If yes, no inspection lot is created when a movement type is performed.

Regards,

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madam,

Thanks for your support.

In one by one practice in IDES For 08 INSP.TYPE,I assumed to replicate my plant scenario, in that

• Material reciept thru 101mvt to SLC 0001-->Material acceptance in GR&placed in UR use in SLC0001-->After placing in UR,Material found problem --->Material moving to 0002(I assumed as this SLOC 0002 meant for BLOCKED stock only )
  • by doing above, I have not got Inspection lot .If Inspection lot got generated , I have to re inspect the material, and if any quantity accepted in Total qty i have to post that to again UR.

For this scenario,  am I  following a correct path or wrong path(by selecting a separate SLOC 0002 for blocked stock?

With your experiences in Domain / SAP,Please guide us the  best practice,that

How to transfer Defective stock from UR to Blocked stock (of same sloc or it can be placed in other SLOC's).

Thanks,

Karthik