Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Learning Assistant 2.0.0 on SMP 3.0

former_member383138
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

could you help me to clarify if the apps mentioned in the table below  are compatible with SMP3.0?

or maybe rephrase the question is SAP Learning Assistant 2.0.0 is compatible with SMP3.0

Service "Mobile Learning"
various models Apple iPad, Iphone and Android mobile devices are used
• Service "Mobile education" should be design and implement based on SAP Learning Assistant 2.0.0
available license.

SAP Enterprise Integration for Learning Assistant mobile app

SAP Enterprise Integration for Inventory Manager mobile app

SAP Enterprise Integration for Work Manager mobile app

SAP Mobile Documents

SAP Mobile App Protection by Mocana

some background:

The training system in the group of companies is implemented based on SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 (SAP Enterprise Learning LSOFE 607 0011 SAPK-60711INLSOFE, integrated with SAP HCM (EHP6, Support Package SAPK-60477INSAPHRGXX, Support Package SAPK-60728INEAHRGXX).

br,

Artem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any updates for this thread?

andreas_wegmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Boris,

In PAM (http://support.sap.com/pam) you can see that
EOM for SAP Learning Assistant 2.0.0 is on 31.05.2015 (End of Mainstream
Maintenance: 31.05.2015).

There are no plans to create an alternative at this time, and neither are there any plans to extend the maintenance.

We have not tested this app using SMP 3.0 and if you encounter issues with the same, there are no plans to fix them either.

So we know now, that the Learning Assistant is and will stay on the OData messaging channel (native OData API via the SUP based messaging protocol).

Looking at the SMP3 docs, this should still work:
“MBO Runtime also supports OData applications using the SAP Mobile Platform messaging channel”
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp304svr/helpdata/en/7c/21af6f70061014a77af844591cedc5/content.htm

KInd regards,
Andreas.

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas.

I marked it correct so others have some reference for this
question. Please update this thread in case of any update.

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Artem,

It should work same as SMP 2.3. Once you have all your prerequisites in place, you basically register your endpoint in SMP for user on-boarding.  

Checkout the following link:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000506312013E/SAPLearnAssistAdGd.pdf

Regards,

Kiran

former_member383138
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

as far as i know there were architectural changes in SMP 3.0 and also some of the library has been changed.

All documentation and administration guides contained an information that Learning Assistance require SMP 2.3 I have never seen that it is compatible with 3.0

do you know any official documentations link where you can find the statement that LA can work out of the box at SMP3.0?

br,

Artem.

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Artem,

Because this app is purely based on NW Gateway OData based, it should work fine. However, please contact the product owner. I emailed you the contact information.

Regards,

Kiran