cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient privilege: Not authorized on SPS09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a schema and created an activated a view in SPS09 in the normal way. I can access data in the schema using normal SQL, but when I try to access the view, I get:

Could not execute 'SELECT TOP 10 * FROM "_SYS_BIC"."package/CALCVIEW"'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized: line 1 col 33 (at pos 32)

I created another user, and assigned the package and schema-level access to that user, but get the same error.

Did something change in SPS09? I have of course run GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SCHEMANAME TO "_SYS_REPO"

Thanks!

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

D'oh

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SCHEMANAME TO "_SYS_REPO" WITH GRANT OPTION

Hope this helps someone!

John

Roman71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello John,

what user do I need to Execute the command. Using user SYSTEM does not work for me:

Could not execute 'GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA HANA_RBE_01 TO "_SYS_REPO" WITH GRANT OPTION'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Thanks for help.

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

In your case HANA_RBE_01, you should be able to run your SQL successfully with:

1. The owner of schema HANA_RBE_01

OR

2. The user who is granted the SELECT privilege on schema HANA_RBE_01 and grantable to others.

Best regards,

Wenjun

former_member197081
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zhou,

I am using HANA Cloud trial version. I am also getting the same error while I am trying to do "data preview". I have tried every thing... but still. Is it not allowed in the trial version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you send the screen shot of the error that you are facing so that we can give solution for resolving the error

former_member197081
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Please find the below error screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope the thread below helps you

Answers (0)