Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

huge number of unprocessed logging table records found

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing one issue where huge number of unprocessed logging table records were found in SLT system for one table. I have check all setting and error logs but not found any evidence that causing the unprocessed records. In HANA system also it shows in replicated status. Could you please suggest me something other than to replicate same table again, as that option is not possible at this moment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Just start/stop the master Job in LTRC & check once.

Regards,

Joydeep.

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

Thanks for your reply, but just stopping and starting the master job was my first option when I faced this issue.But of no use

Regards,

Nilesh

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

As you are saying that the table is already in replication status, and it seems you want to get rid of old unprocessed logging records, you can try below option -

tcode- iuuc_remote

expert functions-

Delete obsolete log tab entries.

Let us know if it worked for you or not.

Regards,

Saritha K

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Satitha,

We will try this option as a last try and will let you know the outcome of that. At this point we have raised OSS message for SAP and waiting for their reply on that.

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Is your issue resolved? Did you get a solution from SAP over the OSS message?

Regards,

Joydeep.

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

Issue is still pending at SAP side, will update this thread if SAP come up with any solution..

Regards,

Nilesh

jtretina
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

facing the similar situation, high number of unprocessed entries with also quite old timestamp. Have you figured out how to solve it?

Thanks,

Jan

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello Jan,

One of the DDIC object (logging table)used for BSEG replication was not correctly activated. we've activated that one, and now BSEG replication runs smoothly. The backlog also has been completely processed without any issue. hope this solution will also help you

Regards,

Nilesh

jtretina
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

since I am again facing this issue and since I havent found any problems in the source system (logging table is active, last change is from January), nor in SLT nor in HANA, I would like to ask for help again. What else needs to be checked or repaired to resume the replication again? I dont want to start the initial load since last time it took almost 3 days (due to the conversion process of SAP long texts to readable HANA format).

Also OSS messages has been created, so far no response from SAP

Thanks in advance for any input.

Br, Jan

jtretina
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the fix: implementation of the Note 2003256 - SLT (2011 SP5, SP6 & SP7) - Inconsistencies MSSQL, DB2, DB4, DB6 and then LTRC > Processing Steps -> Delete Generated Runtime Object. Replication of affected table was then resumed without initial load.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Check your source system and increase the dialog workprocess, more dialog jobs are required in source system to reduce the load.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for your reply. But as I mentioned earlier table is already showing in Replication status, means initial load is already finished.

Regards,

Nilesh

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

What are the performance impacts on the SAP ECC system when multiple large SAP tables like BSEG are replicated at the same time? Is there a guideline for a specific volume or kind of tables?

There is no explicit guideline since aspects as server performance as well as change rate of the tables are also relevant. As a rule of thumb, one dedicated replication job per large table is recommended.

from

Regards,

V Srinivasan

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for your reply, but if you see the error screenshot, then come to know that unprocessed logging records were old dated. We are not facing any issue with initial load or replication, and not getting any error neither in HANA nor in SLT. Parallel replication is already applied in my case.

Regards,

Nilesh

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Thanks for your reply, I am on DMIS 2011_1_731 SP-7 and note mentioned by you is not relevant to my issue.

Regards,

Nilesh

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I had faced this issue earlier and my problem got resolved after applying correction note 1984947. It worked for my DMIS version which is 2011_1_731 SP level 06.

Not sure about your DMIS version. You can give it a try if its relevant for your case.

Better to apply all correction notes for your DMIS version.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Saritha K