cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to build up a new infrastructure with the mySAP ERP Release. We successfully did a migration from sun/Oracle to Windows2003 as Application Servers and z/OS/DB2 V8 as Database Server. Unfortunately the login from SAP GUI doesen'work. I get this error message:

Error Serice sapmsSSW not found.

We checked a lot of things like the rdisp/mshost and rdisp/msserv, but it still doesn't work.

We have 2 applications Servers.

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check if the sapmsSSW service is defined in the ..\drivers\etc\services file for your Windows OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check that on application server or the PC using the GUI ?

-Sanjeev

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after putting an enter it works. Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

the entry was in the services file. The enter was missing after: sapmsSSW 3601/tcp

Former Member
0 Kudos

not not on my pc, but on the message server. I think we tried that on another pc, but it didn't work. I'll try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serge,

Are you sure you have an entry for sapmsSSW in your services file on your pc

It should read:

sapmsSSW 3601/tcp

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a telnet on port 3601 (System ID is 1). It just brings the message connecting to <hostname>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanted to react to teh last remark of Srinivas.

You are correct that some entries are automatically created in the services file. These are the sapdp(00-99) entries. The sapms<SID> entries however are not, as the SAPGui does not know what the <SAPSID> name is.

Serge, could you also please telnet to port sapmsSSW on the pc where the error occurs and post any errors?

Best regards,

Alexander Webster

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are correct. I just wanted to convey that, if we create a SAPGUI icon for access through the logon group on the server, an entry will be created in the service file.

But I guess I confused everyone.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

telnet works on port 3201

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,

1. Check for this service sapmsSSW on the application hosting OS, verify the port number. let us say your message server is running on port 02 , you should have a value of

a line sapmsSSW 3602 in our services file.

you can check the message server configuration in SMMS transaction

This will be automatically created if you install a SAPGUI, and access the logon group on the application server, if not add this info manually.

I notice that you will get this error only when you are using a logon group, check your logon groups, may be create SAPGUI icons once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears to me that the message server is not accessable from the computer where the SAP Gui is being executed.

Try a telnet from the SAP gui host to the central instance host on the dialog service port, which is most normally 32<xx> where xx is the instnace number.

it could be possible that some of the ports required for SAP access may be blocked in your network.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

or to be more precise

with the gui installed on the application server it works, but not with the gui on the pc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works on the application Server, but not on the PC. I must say that the server is in a subdomain, so it can only be adressed sername.test