cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Interface to OER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In our project we use SAP OER only. SAP AII is not used.

Currently the material master data is maintained manually in SAP OER using transaction COMMPR01 or /AIN/PRODUCT.

Going forward the proposal is to update the product master via interface from SAP ECC system. We are sending the material master via MATMAS idoc into PI and in PI we are calling proxy MATERIALIN and sending the material master to SAP OER system.

For create (i.e when the material is send for first time to OER) it is working fine.

For update scenario it is not working as expected. For e.g say there is a material in ECC system which has GTIN maintained(EAN11 field) for both EA and CS (case ) unit of measure. This data has been pushed successfully to SAP OER system via BD10  transaction.

Say now the user realised that the case GTIN was wrong and he updates the same. Now via the standard change pointer (BD21) the changed data is sent across to SAP OER. THis messages fails in SAP OER with error message " You have maintained alternative units of measure; enter a base
UoM" Message id : 028(COM_PRODUCT_UNIT). Below is the message that was recived in SAP OER for changed idoc in ECC.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MaterialMsgType xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/aid">

<GeneralInfo>

<System>XXXCLNT800</System>

<MessageFunction>002</MessageFunction>

<Product>10000000071403</Product>

<MainUOM>EA</MainUOM>

<Description>

<Language>EN</Language>

<ProductDescription>Test Material</ProductDescription>

</Description>

<ProductUOM>

<UOM>CT</UOM>

<Numerator>20</Numerator>

<Denominator>1</Denominator>

<GTIN>27896015527772</GTIN>

</ProductUOM>

</GeneralInfo>

</ns0:MaterialMsgType>

The standard SAP functionality is that when data is changed in material master in ECC only the changed data is sent via change pointers. In this case as the interface is between SAP to SAP system my expectation was that it should be fine.

But it seems it is not case. The message failed in SAP OER as it needs the ProductUOM node for UOM EA also.

I think this is not the right way, as SAP OER already had the data for UOM EA already in the product master , when processing the message as the base unit of measure data is already available , these message should be successful.

But this is not the case and system is expecting all the data in all the message,which i doubt is the standard behaviour.

Have any one faced similar issues? If so could you kindly let me know how did you fix it.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also if you use the standard message type AIDMATMAS this will capture all the changes. But one thing to remember is every time it does a overwrite in OER.

Regards,

BRV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think, It is not possible to push material master data to AII/OER from ECC without GTIN in the standrad procedure. So GTIN must be a primary key indicator in the standard process.

Since you are changing GTIN, so I think, you have push entire data corresponding to that particular GTIN although few data are already available for the same material master earlier with different GTIN.

Best Regards,

Ratnakar