Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing tab opening in NWBC4

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there some setting that allows me to control when transactions/applications are opened in a new tab versus an existing one?  Two scenarios I have:

1. Opening a transaction, then entering a new t-code in the addess bar.  Current behaviour: new tab is opened with the new transaction (similar to SAPGUI /o).  Desired behaviour: opens in existing tab (similar to SAPGUI /n)

2. Opening a BSP application from the home page role menu, then opening the same application again without closing the first.  Current behaviour: clicking the second time just switches you over to the existing opened BSP tab.  Desired behaviour: A new tab is opened, with the same BSP application, so there are two versions open

Running NWBC4 PL10

Thanks!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I would try to answer your question regarding the transactions.

/nTRCode is also possible in the address bar. It is not like in SAP GUI, because it fakes only the /n behaviour by creating the transaction in a new tab and then deleting the old tab. This is something we have really improved with NWBC 5.0. There is a real /n within the NWBC address bar possible.

With 4.0 there are 3 possibilities:

/n to start a transaction in a new tab, but deleting the old one (=> new mode)

/t to start a transaction in a new tab without removing the existing one (=> new mode)

/o to start a transaction in a new NWBC window (=> new mode).

But you can additionally use the SAP GUI OK Code field inside NWBC to have the real /n functionality (reusing the current mode). Either you can activate this in the personalize dialog (Settings | Personalize | Enable SAP GUI OK Code) or additionally in the admin options file by setting the value <EnableSapGuiOkCode> to true.

Regarding the second question, you can influence the behaviour by changing the pfcg/role parameter "Launch Application" from "Standard" to "In application window/tab". If you want to open the application from the index page, then as far as I know you have to use the latest NWBC patch (PL16) as there was a fix regarding application launching from index page.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)