Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Connection between Java only PI and ERP

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a requirement to setup an SSL connection between our Java only PI 7.4 system and an on-premise SAP ERP system for IDOC messaging.

Currenly my connection works fine if I specify a technical username and password in the PI RFC Destination. However is it possible to set up the connection both ways using SSL Certificates? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Krishneel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, absolutely possible.

See here how to configure AS ABAB and AS JAVA for SSL

HTTP and SSL - SAP Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

To be more specific you will need the go through following steps if basic SSL setup is already done on AS ABAP (ECC) and AS Java (PI), which i assume reading your post.

1. Create client certificate on AS ABAP. Either self signed or signed by a CA

2. Import certificate in AS Java keystore. You need to trust the CA you used in 1. Configuration of the AS Java Keystore Views for SSL - Network and Transport Layer Security - SAP Lib...

3. Specify certificate from 1. in Destination in AS Java instead of using username / password

Cheers

Jens

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your reply. However I'm not sure this approach would work since I am using the new IDOC_AAE adapter on SAP PI. For IDOC messaging the type of RFC connection from ERP to PI is a TCP/IP connection...not an HTTP connection.

Rg,

Krishneel

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry, missed that...

seems like you are stuck with User / password as of here Network and Transport Layer Security - SAP Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library and here (row "security") Comparison of IDoc Adapter (IE) and IDoc Adapter (AAE) - SAP PI Reference Documentation - SAP Librar...

Maybe someone else may further clarify if using SNC would be an option here.

Cheers

Jens

Answers (0)