Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI4 Mobile problems in Update to BI4.0 SP10.3

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, People.

Until some day ago, i was normally working with the application SAP BI4 Mobile installed on my tablet with Android 4, with a linux Red Hat 5 server BI4.0 SP6.6.

I updated recently my installation SAP BI4.0 from SP6.6 to SP10.3.

After the (successful) installation of SP10 and patches, My client SAP BI Mobile is able to connect and see the list of documents, but not refresh them, nor Import.

When I try to refresh any of listed documents, this error occurs:

in italian: "Impossibile eseguire l'operazione"

translated in english, I think: "Impossible execute the operation" or "Unable to execute document"

I tried to re-deploy MobileBIService.war , and and MOBIServer.war (I have no MobileOTA14),but nothing change.

The test connection with browser (http://serverbi4:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion) is always "Successful".

Have you some (precios) suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Do you have any other environment, which is on the same patch and getting same behaviour?

Also, what is the result of the test connection url. Please paste the results here.

The error message appears for any document? webi, crystal

Also, can you refresh the same document in launchpad? with the same user id?

Can you remove the document from Mobile category and add it again and check.

Also, stop tomcat

Clear cache from tomcat/work/catalina/localhost

It has MobileBIService folder.

you can delete that folder or take a backup of the same

Start tomcat again.

Check the issue.

Regards,
Atul B

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Atul!

I answer you question by question.

1. Do you have any other environment, which is on the same patch and getting same behaviour?

A. No, unfortunately it's the only server with the Mobile components installed about 2 years ago by other people. We have another server (in Production environment BI4.0 SP10 FP3), but without the component Mobile: before installing it we want to be sure it works in this actual (Pre-Production) environment pilot on which we meet these problems. We have another test server, updated to BI 4.1 SP2 that works fine, but in this case the installation of the Mobile component is included in the update to BI 4.1

2. what is the result of the test connection url. Please paste the results here

A. Here's the real url for test ...

http://10.220.35.67:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

and the result is:

<Result status="success">

<info>

<version productVersion="14.0.5.915" internalVersion="2.0"/>

<settings>

<setting key="savePassword" value="false"/>

<setting key="offlineStorage.ttl" value="365"/>

<setting key="offlineStorage" value="false"/>

<setting key="offlineStorage.appPwd" value="true"/>

</settings>

</info>

</Result>

3. The error message appears for any document? webi, crystal?

A. At now we user Mobile only for Web-Intelligence Reports

4. Can you remove the document from Mobile category and add it again and check.

A. yes, I empty the tomcat work more than one time, before and after deploy. We also restarted all BI4 services, but the issue persists

Regards,

Vincent

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Oops, I forgot:

5. Also, can you refresh the same document in launchpad? with the same user id?

A. Yes, the userid is Administrator, and BI Launchpad  refreshes well

sorry for forgetting!

thanks, Atul

Vincent

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I kind of know the problem - is it that your mobile server (MobileBIService) is installed on a machine other than where BOE is installed. If yes, then possibly you have upgraded BOE, however you are continuing to use the older mobile server installation.

The Version from the response "14.0.5.915" indicates that mobile server level is 4.0 SP05 some patch. And you seem to be connecting from this to a BOE version 4.0 SP10 some patch. That is definitely not a supported scenario. Mobile Server and BOE must be at same level for things to work.

Regards,

Ashutosh

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh!

May be you're right! me too think so. How can I find the update? i.e. the .war(s) aligned to the SP10.3 release?

thanks!

Vincent

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This MobileBIService.war would be present in the same package which has BOE.war. You can pick it up from there.

Check this link, you may find it useful

http://bobi.blog.com/2014/02/15/setting-up-sap-businessobjects-mobile/

Regards,

Ashutosh

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Very helpful link, Ashutosh, but, I see it's on Widows Platform. I see too it's relative to a full installation of BI 4 SP4. I updated with the update package from a previous version,with Mobile correctly running, to another version. No Mobile option I have seen in the panels of the software installation under linux

regards,

Vincent

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh!

Following your helpful link I installed BI4.0 SP10 until FP3 in a Virtual machine with Windows 2008 Server 2008, with the Mobile check option and it runs good with our smartphones.

I tried the connection on url: http://127.0.0.1:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

and I see as follow:

<info>

<version productVersion="14.0.10.1615" internalVersion="4.0"/>

</info>

</Result>

The ProductVersion is coerent with the patch release.

So, following the instructions, I went on this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\wdeploy\workdir\tomcat6\application

and listed these files:

AdminTools.war

BOE.war

BusinessProcessBI.war

clientapi.war

dswsbobje.war

MobileBIService.war

MOBIServer.war

I copied the last 2 files:

MobileBIService.war

MOBIServer.war

so , I stopped tomcat, on linux path <bobj dir>/tomcat/webapps I replaced older files, I deleted the folders:

MobileBIService

MOBIServer

I empty the "work" directory and restart tomcat.

The two directories have been re-created, and now, the url of the Linux machine:

http://10.220.35.67:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

Displays:

<info>

<version productVersion="14.0.10.1615" internalVersion="4.0"/>

</info>

</Result>

The number of the version now is right!

but the reports still fall in error

what did I forget?

thanks,

Vincent

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean that you are able to perform Logon to Mobile BI App. The documents list correctly without any issues. However, when you open document and try to refresh the same it fails. Is this the scenario now?

What is the error this time? Do you get any error code? Are you able to perform any other server operations like applying drill, applying prompts, applying Input Controls?

Regards,

Ashutosh

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, Ashutosh, you're right.

I'm able to logon with SAP Mobile App and list documents, but the refresh fails (in fact I checked that documents refresh right with BI Launchpad!)

The error is generic, without code, issued in italian is:

"Impossibile eseguire l'operazione"

translated in english it sounds like: "Impossible execute the operation" or "Unable to execute document"

it's a dialog box without choices, only a "OK" push button

regards

Vincent

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I would suggest you raise an SAP Ticket. This seems to be a product issue and requires investigation to confirm and resolve.

Regards,

Ashutosh

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh.

A miracle happened: the reports now are running.

Today morning the pre-prodution system (as everyday morning) started.

I turned on my tablet, connected to the server, list documents, refreshed the first ... ok, the second ... OK!

So, I thing, until yersterday, the cache (client and or server) was not flashed.

The malfunction was the different version of .war files, as you said.

Thanks for all, to you and Atul

ciao, Vincent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to refresh the same document in Launchpad. I suspect even that should not be working, as this seems to be something to do with platform.

Regards,

Ashutosh

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Very right suspect, Ashutosh! I confess you that this check I had not done, since I was sure as these reports are used by at least 1000 users. But to be even more sure I refreshed  all web-I reports, having the category Mobile, with BI Launchpad and they end all successful.

Thanks for suggestion

Vincent

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Great. Then you do not seem to have any issues with Platform. Can you specify the Android App Version that you are using and specific details of Android Tablet and OS that its running.

Also, if you have an apple device, would it be possible to check the same workflow on IOS Mobile BI App.

With this, I am trying to Point out if the problem is with mobile server or mobile client or both.

In the mean time I would also suggest to raise a ticket with SAP Support.

Regards,

Ashutosh

vincent_pisano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Aushtosh.

The specific problem occurs in a specific environment with only one platform: the Pre-Production environment with Linux RHEL 5 server, recently updated to BI 4.0 SP10 FP3.

Until this moment. and with other servers (i.e. BI 4.1, with Mobile included), our smartphone clients run correctly, when connected to other servers.

We're using now for test two tablet:

Acer Iconia B11

Samsung GT-P5200

both with Android 4.4.2

The issue surely occurs with any device connected on this, only this machine.

Thanks for help,

Vincent