cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center is automatically entered in Travel Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am facing the following issue: when creating a Travel Request or a Expense Report in Web DynPro, I always have the master cost center entered automatically in the alternative cost assignment block.

I would like to let it empty so the user should enter it manually.

Is it something we could manage with table V_T706_CONST?

Thanks a lot for the support

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

concerning the assignment of cost centers there's a very good wiki from . You might want to check it out: Cost Center, Cost Assignment and Infotype 0017, 0027, and 0001 - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN ...

Concerning your concrete problem: No, you can't manipulate this with V_T706_CONST, you'll have to do it with means of enhancements in the respective webdynpro-components. However, I would very much recommend you not to do this, because the cost center is polled at several points in the business logic, i.e. meddling with this will make the application more prone to failure, because a) you might not cleanly adapt your requirements throughout the entire business logic (development-wise) and b) the enduser will have to think (which he usually doesn't).

Can you elaborate why you want to force the enduser to enter the cost center manually?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thanks a lot for your answer. I had check this really complete Wiki that helped me a lot since I just started working on the TV module

Here is my aim: in our business, expenses should always be assigned to either a WBS and/or cost center. The thing is in a case where we expect a WBS and if the user forget to enter it, the system will not show any error since the master cost center will be populated automatically.. and we will have a wrong CO posting (CC instead of WBS)..

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

I see... then I have another question: Can the WBS-Element which the Traveler would theoretically have to enter himself somehow be automatically derived from the system? Or does the Traveler simply have to know what WBS element he should enter and there is no way to automatically/programatically support the enduser?

The reason I ask is, if this information cannot be automatically be adapted and you just want to poke the enduser with a warning message "Are you sure you have assigned the correct WBS element?" then you could use BADI TRIP_WEB_CHECK ~ USER_CHECK_TRIP_COSTS_SPLIT to check this and throw a warning message.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

unfortunately, the WBS should be known by the employee and cannot be derived.

I was thinking about this check you mentioned but I need a developer to do it

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elodie,

don't you have any developers in your company or why is this a problem?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

No developers free for now..

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI - Default cost assignments can come from 3 different places for employees creating expense reports:

InfoType 27/Sub type 2 (expense) - If empty, it looks at...

InfoType 17 (travel privileges) - If empty, it looks at...

InfoType 01 Cost Center

So if your employees all have master cost center defaulted on trips, then it is clear that you have nothing else set in IT27 nor IT17. So I don't think it's a matter of development, just setting up more master data.

Our employees only have defaults set in IT27/2. However, this is for defaulting purposes only. If required, they can override this both at the header level or the line level and change to other cost centers, WBS, network activities, work orders, etc.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kim, this is exactly what's explained in Sally's Wiki. Furthermore, if I understood Elodie correctly, the WBS cannot be derived from the masterdata but has to be the employee entered manually

P.S. We also live in a rainbow bubble where it's almost always the cost center from IT0001 ;-D, one less problem to cope with 😜

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your bubble is clearly more rainbow than my bubble because ours are NEVER cost centers from IT0001. Actually, the majority of the cost centers in IT0001 are not FI related (HR only) and therefore cannot accept charges. So if people do not have something set in IT27, then it fails at posting due to invalid cost center...

WBS is not derived from masterdata, but it definitely can be entered by our EEM team directly (as requested by the user) and it definitely can take WBS's...

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wooo! I never thought my dusty public sector bubble would ever be more rainbow than anyone else's

Well of course, bad masterdata alsways leads to process hiccups or worse. If your IT27s are theoretically maintained centrally, then, ...*ahem*.. too bad If the employees are responsible for this themselves via ESS, you could block the Travel Scenarios and output a witty message "Have you hugged maintained your IT27 today yet?" 😉

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

typically it gets defaulted, but an enduser can change it to a WBS Or other cost center using change cost assignment. You disable the logic for default

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could suggest some freelance developpers if needed

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as they don't wear ties, dark suits and tell fairytales of success stories ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, even if there is a default cost center in one of these IT, the user can easily overwrite it. But if he does not go into cost assignment to enter the WBS, the cost center will stay active..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahaha thanks Mathieu

Answers (0)