Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Committed" Date in Billing Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Query on the Billing Plan. My requirement is:

We have a business need to capture a “Committed Date” in the Mile-Stone billing plans. Here is the business requirement

• When we sell a services based deal/contract to a customer, we only know a “tentative/approximate” dead-line(invoicing) date for each of the milestone
  • As the project phase/milestone nears completion, the milestone delivery lead will “confirm and commit” to a date for invoicing the milestone
  • The business need is to systemically capture the “committed date” while NOT losing track of the original milestone date

Can you please advise what is the recommendation of capturing such “commitment date” on mile-stone billing plans?

Do we have any date field at Billing plan Item Level where we can use that as our committed date. As at the start of the contract we would want one date which is coming from the Date Rule (the date on which the contract needs to be billed every billing cycle) and another date for which the concern person commits that due to some reason he shall be able to bill 'X' milestone on 'Y' Date.

Please find the attached Screenshots where the needs to be found.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I recommend you to add a new field to FPLT and use one of the exits RV60FU* to manage this commitment.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Through the exit, can we create a Zfield which is not a part of the standard program or does not touches standard functionality?

Or do we have any other date field which is not of much used in the standards?

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,,

I would recommend to create a new Zfield and build the logic based on user exits.

Is this new field that should be updated manually in screen by user?

Then you need to implement the screen logic also.

Regards,

Luis

Answers (0)