Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Studio-Add System

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We started looking at the trial version of SAP HANA studio. Can you guide me on how to add the system to the Modeler perspective?Which hostname to be included while adding up the system? Appreciate your help.

Grtz

-Anila.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vaibhav_rathore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anila,

We have been working on HANA based on cloud, so i can tell you on that basis.

System is the combination of CATALOG, CONTENT, PROVISIONING,SECURITY.

You can add the system by right clicking in the blank space in the system pane, fill up all the details Host Name, Instance, etc.. after the successful creation of the system you can do many things like creating tables, procedures, functions, indexes, packages, users, etc...

As far as the Host Name is concerned it is provided to you by your service provider , you can ask your admin for that.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vaibhav

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for your reply. We are still at adding up the system on Modeler perspective. Basically we have installed HANA Studio and HANA Client, the trial version which SAP has provided. We created ODBC using HANADB. But the problem is we are not knowing which server name and port number to be specified while creation of ODBC. So that we can set up the hostname under HANA Studio.

Regards,

Anila.

vaibhav_rathore
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anila,

We have been using HANA with all its credentials provided to us by host, so i think SAP will be provide you all the details with host name, port , admin rights and everything.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vaibhav

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How are you using SAP HANA and SAP HANA Studio? In the cloud (which one) or are running SAP HANA in your own data center? Without that info it will be difficult to answer your question.