cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Movement type during PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 2 processes in Sales i.e. Material Sale & Scrap Sale. At the time of Delivery (VL01N), during PGI, we used movement type 601 (in both cases).

Now we want to use different movement type for Scrap Sale process i.e. 999 inplace of 601.

After that in Material Sale process, movement type will be used 601 and for Scrap Sale, movement type will be used 999.

Please guide about where to change in configuration....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this you would require different item category & schedule line category for scrap sales. Where you schedule line category should have 999 movement type. And accordingly do, item category and schedule line category determination.

Thanks,

JP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

What is business requirement and background of this need? Changing movement type for scrap sales must have some logic behind it. Could you please share that? Do they want different GL posting or what? Usually we create different sales document type or sales area etc for scrap but movement type is always 601.

Meanwhile if there is some genuine requirement then you can do this in same sales document type and item category. Just assign a manual shedule line category and to exisitng item category or if you want to create separate item category for safe side that is u to you but again I would say try to entertain cleint's requirement in some other way if this is for reporting purpose.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said earlier, we have 2 processes in Sales i.e. Material Sale & Scrap Sale.

We don't want to provide movement type 601 to everyone for PGI...there is some authorization issue...

Now we want that Department A will be responsible for Scrap Sale and Department B will be responsible for Material Sale.

And in current scenerio for all type of sale...having single movement type 601.

Thats why we want seperate movement type for scrap sale...

If there is any alternate better solution, please share...

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by MoazzaM, it is not recommended to go for new movement type if you want to have different FI / inventory postings.  Obviously, you should have differentiated normal sales and scrap sales by Material Account Assignment Group by which, you can differentiate the FI postings.  Since you wanted to have just a control on PGI process, the simple approach would be by differentiating the delivery type by which, you can restrict authorization.

Still if you want to go with new movement type, you need to create in OMJJ by copying 601 but take the help of MM guy if you are not conversant with creation of new movement type as it will have other implications.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This could be done with restricting authorization of 601 movement type for specific storage locaiton. I hope you have different storage location for scrap materials and normal sales. You can ask your security or BASIS guy to restrict users from department for 601 movement type from normal sales store and authorize them only for scrap sales storage location.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

As u said..."the simple approach would be by differentiating the delivery type by which, you can restrict authorization."....

It would work when Department A will do only Scrap Sale and Department B will do only Material Sale.

But here, an issue persist that Department B will do both processes Scrap Sale & Material Sale.

G. Lakshmipathi, thanks for alternate option....good one...but i think, we should go with new movement type...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately...Single Storage Location we are using....

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now we want that Department A will be responsible for Scrap Sale and Department B will be responsible for Material Sale.

But here, an issue persist that Department B will do both processes Scrap Sale & Material Sale.

I suggested based on your first comments cited above but after going through your latest comments second cited above, I am little bit confused on how are you going to control even with movement type, if the document type is not going to help?  If Security team are able to control with the movement type, why not with the configuration of document type ?

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest to create a storage location for scrap materials rather than creating a new movement type.

Don't you have separate plant, shipping point or store? Create store instead of movement type.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Are you saying that 601 movement is being used for both Outbound and Scrap process ?

As per standard you have to use 551 movement type with MB11 transaction to scrap any material

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we are doing scrap sale process...at the time of Delivery VL01N...after Click on PGI...movement type 601 showing....

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Jyoti check with the new Schedule line Category with Movement type as 999 .

Make sure to recheck the schedule line category determination.

Regards,

SRK