cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the configurations in Quality server?

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt. I searched in net , but i didn't get a proper answer. Please help.

How is the configurations in quality server differs from development server and production server?

Awaiting your earliest reply

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Ideally Quality servers is used for following testing scenarios

- Integration testing

- User acceptance testing

In any SAP 3 system landscape following procedure is followed

1) Enhancements are done in Development client on Development server

2) Unit testing is performed on Unit testing client on Development server

3) Once the Unit testing is successful, enhancements are moved to Quality server via transports to have above testing done.

4) Once Integration as well as UAT is successful, enhancements are moved to Production with proper approvals where it is released to users.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can u please tell how unit testing clients are created and configured on development server? What are the specialities for those users?

Regards

Praveen

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Client can be created using normal client copy procedure and selecting relevant SAP client copy profiles.

You can have restricted access to Unit testing for Functional configuration as well as developers only.

End users should not have access to this client.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

When you ask about the configurations, i believe it would/should be same in all of your systems (DEV, QAS, PRD), whether its a cross-client or client specific. Usually we do all the customization in DEV and transport to QAS for testing and then to PRD.

As deepak mentioned you can have unit testing client (client copy of development client) in DEV server and UAT client in QAS system. It all depends on your requirement.

But the configuration is same across all the system, unless you have did the client copy specifically to have specific data alone (eg, user master record alone).

regards

kartik