Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To read Profile Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to get the following below.

1.I need to know how profile parameter of each sap system will be downloaded into solution manager

2.is there any function module to read profile parameters from each sap system in solution manager

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the extractors work correctly it will backup all profile parameters (Default, Inst, Start, etc) and when changes are made it will update the entries accordingly allowing for a history to be captured.

All of the information is stored within the BW cube( s ).

What is it that you are trying to accomplish that the RCA workcenter doesn't provide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy Warring,

Thanks for the information . here i am trying to compare the profile parameters .

Thanks & Best Regards

Kumar

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should review the RCA workcenter as this is a built in feature to compare profiles do other systems.  If you wanted the system to do the work you can also leverage config validation and have it alert you when profile settings change if no change control exists or an emergency situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy Warring,,

I rea appriciate your informatiom.i need to get the values for each system and generate report for sol man.

Please can you tell me the data source to read that infocube.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kumar

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No reason to reinvent the wheel - https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/support/support-programs-services/support-services/SIS26...

I recommend making a comparison list so you can include the systems you want in the target; then build the BW query using config validation.  When you have it the way you like create a bookmark for later on to easily review or share with others.

I also recommend finding a way to only display items in the profiles that inconsistence with your source system (will save on your scrolling).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy Warring,,

Thank you for the information you provided .

I need to automate this process thats the reason i need all the details.like table in which the inforamtion is stored and how read via FM like that.

Thansk & Best Regards,

Kumar