cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Buttons for selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a transaction screen which contains a list selection element (drop down). There are only 2 options in the list selection . example: the two options are yes and no. Is it possible to use buttons on the transaction screen as shown in the attached image?

p.s. please refer to the image attached along with.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Amitoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitoj,

You can use 2 radio buttons in the transaction screen with 'Yes' and 'No'.

Go in transaction screen fields, Add a field, Make edit type as button, next, next then select radio button and you can give value to be assigned or action to be made after clicking that particular radio button. Using this assigned value you can make your logic for either selection

Regards

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

Thanks for the reply.

I can use a single radio button for the yes and no list, which I think will work for me. Actually I am looking for a way to replace small lists which have 2 or 3 (mostly 3) values with action buttons like the add or edit ones. Would action buttons work in a transaction screen?

Thanks, 

Amitoj

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitoj,

Push Buttons does not work on a transaction screen, definitely you can go for a radio button or a check box.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitoj,

As Sudhir mentioned, actions buttons wont work in transaction screen so you will have to use radio button or check box and in the action field of this button you can mention what action you need to do when this button is selected or checked.

Regards

Pritam

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Amitoj.

If you are using Agentry on SMP 3.0 (iOS, Andorid or WPF) you can use OpenUI to create a slider control to do exactly what you want.  Yes you will have to code it but that may allow you to get the desired look and feel / behavior you want.

--Bill

Answers (0)