cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header box for Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change the format of a current Adobe Form that is printing the entire table contents as depicted in my second screenshot. The same Personnel Number repeats many times and they want to remove this field and place it as a separate "box" before the table display, that shows the Personnel Number 1 time for each subset of data. Then it will page break when the Personnel Number changes.

Can I do this with Subforms? I tried but could not reference the TABLE_DATA value as this sits above the TABLE_DATA in the Hierarchy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, so I guess there are various ways to do this but Ive been unsuccessful in each.

So I created a nested table in my context. When I place it in my layout, it works as it is currently displayed in my Layout.jpg. I get a row for my Pernr details and then the corresponding Table_Data.

So in the context, I have my "Table_Data" nested with a WHERE clause.

However, even if I create a Subform in my layout and attempt to drag the "TABLE_DATA" below the PERNRS section, it breaks the link between the 2 nested tables as it automatically removes the "nested" linkage. How can I simply move that data below the PERNRS table without breaking the linkage, so that it still sits underneath the PERNRS table.I tried a subform as "Flowed" "Western Text", but cant seem to maintain the "nested" approach.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's going to get a bit complicated but let me try to explain....

you will have a "repeating" group set to "flowed"....in that group will be your top little box (in another "group") and then your table in a group which within it will be repeating and flowed.....think "boxes in boxes" and you will get how it should be layed out and done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. but Im not sure how to create that type of structure with "Groups". I understand creating a control level for instance on 1 field, but not sure how to group those fields without using control levels.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Subforms"....use "subforms" as containers (that is what I meant by "grouping" them).

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry....haven't had to lay out an Adobe form in a bit and thought saying "groups" was better than "those boxy container form thingies". haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had tried this but as mentioned earlier, had an issue with referencing the TABLE data from my upper container containing the personnel number, as it sits within another subform and technically the TABLE has not started processing yet.