Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archving and Deleting messages in PI

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing the deletion of messages beyond 5 days in SAP PI. We don’t need to archive the messages before deleting them so Below are the parameters provided in the Integration configuration of SXMB_ADM. As I am facing the following issues, could someone please help on this

1)      Even though we are using PI from the past 6 years,we recently implemented the deletion of messages in PI.  I need to delete all the successful messages which are older than 5 days but it is not working as I expected. I can still see a lot of successful messages that are to be deleted. We scheduled the delete ( SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_010) job every day,but it is not deleting the historical messages.

2)      I see most of the successfully messages in MONI that are to be deleted which are related to Inbound IDOC and BPM interfaces. Do we need to configure any parameters other than which I provided in the screenshot. How to delete these historical messages.

3)      When I run the program RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS, I see the below status of the messages. Here I see the around 147000 messages that shows can be deleted but why the delete program is not able to delete these messages and also I checked ITFACTION field value, it is showing as ‘DEL’ for all the messages in the master table SXMSPMAST.

Thanks You!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Open the T.Code SXMB_ADM and select Deletion and Archiving Messages.. There you provide your time period as per your requirement and do execute.

Regards

Amar..

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Successful messages would be retained in DB if they are waiting for acknowledgement (could be from BPM or AE also). Therefore, any workflows or messages in AE should be in final state (successful/cancelled by Admin). Ensure that REFRESH ADAPTER STATUS job is running periodically.

The checks and reasons similar to the ones stated above are available in the note referred by Mark.

regards

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I would recommend you first check the note 872388 Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI. In particular see section "k.2)", but also check the other troubleshooting steps. Have you scheduled the SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS report?

If you run the report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS and post what you see in this report, it will give us a better idea as to what is preventing the messages you mention from getting deleted. If we know the message status, it should help identify what is stopping them from being deleted.

Regards
Mark