cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use uIS_SetDirty and uIS_RepairEntry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I am just trying to sync the privilege assigned in the IDS to the ABAP system. The privilege in IDS will overwrite whatever is assigned in ABAP. I have read a couple of threads to use uIS_SetDirty and uIS_RepairEntry. Here is what I have tried:

I just passed the mskey of the MX_PERSON as parameter. After the job is run, nothing happens to that user in the backend. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

What is the status of privilege in IDM ? Is it OK or Failed ?

both internal functions with code, you mentioned above, provision privileges which are in failed status.

If privilege is in OK status , then I believe SAP has not provided standard way to provision it again to backend system but can be done  by 1. Removing privilege and assignining again in IDM or 2. creating custom job to execute Hook Task 4 .

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pradeep

Thank you for your reply. All priv for that user is in ok status within IDM. However, the uIS_SetDirty is supposed to mark the user "dirty" to force a reconciliation according to SAP doc. It would be nice if that works because we are trying not to create a reconciliation job from scratch, especially SAP seems to have provided that function starting from SP8.

Regards

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathon,

I have not seen this function working for privileges in OK status for user .

I have setup custom sync job to re-provision such privileges (all privileges of user in OK status) to backend systems.

This custom job can use global script  sap_core_executeplugin code copied to new script with some custom changes to build this job specific to our requirement.

Basically script need to use uProvision function to trigger re-provisioning.

It is very helpful job and is frequently used in my project.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your tips, Pradeep.

You are right that sap_core_executeplugin(more like uProvision) forces a reconciliation and that is what I am looking for.

Answers (0)