cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Payloads XI FTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I want to do what is explain in this link but it does not work

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/content.htm

The following example explains how three files of type text, pdf and doc are included in a message:

file.sourceFileName=x*.txt

The files x1.txt and x2.txt were found in the specified directory following this specification.

XI.AdditionalPayloads=addaPDF, addaDOC

file.addaPDF.namePart=”.txt”=”.pdf”

file.addaDOC.namePart=”.txt”=”.doc”

The files x1.pdf and x1.doc were also searched for in the same directory as the file x1.txt. The contents of these three files are included in a message to the Integration Engine. Likewise, the filesx2.pdf and x2.doc are searched for and processed like file x2.txt.

I have all these defined:

Any idea, what it is wrong?? It only sends to XI the xml file.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro

It looks like you are using PI version 7.40, however the link that you are referring to is very old - probably XI3.0 so I don't think the parameters are valid anymore.

Anyway, AFAIK, sending multiple files only work with transport protocol NFS, and not with FTP. And this is achieved via checking the "Additional Files" box which is available with NFS only. Check the below SAP Help link for details.

Specifying Additional Files in the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

For examples, you can refer to the following articles.

Sender File Adapter Frequently Asked Questions - Process Integration - SCN Wiki (check question 4)

If you switch to NFS, you can try adding an arbitrary name like PDFFile to the File list. Then add the following two parameters:-

PDFFile.namePart = ".xml"=".pdf"

PDFFile.optional = NO

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

For NFS it works perfectly, but for FTP it does not.

How can I use NFS to go to a FTP server? with an IP instead of a local directory.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can I use NFS to go to a FTP server? with an IP instead of a local directory.

Unfortunately you can't, NFS protocol only works with file systems that are mounted onto your PI system.

Another option would be to go for the SFTP adapter. The SFTP adapter also supports the "Additional Files" function. Any chance you can get the FTP server to be switched to an SFTP server?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Another solution is to do an extra scenario that only copies all the files from the ftp to one NFS (without ESR development) accessible path for PI.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any manual to do it?

Thanks

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

You can follow this example

You only need to set the file sender as FTP with *.* to take all the files and the receive file you will need a file path accessible by PI, talk with your basis team to prepare a file folder for this.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Try to change XMB.AdditionalPayloads by XI.AdditionalPayloads, this parameter is XMB in the receiver side only, i think.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it does not work.