Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Flow Sales Order to Sales Order

sebastian_sorhagen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to use a sales order as kind of template order. Follow-up orders (our standard orders) are created with reference to that order. I customized everything and it is working properly forward. Meaning Document flow is updated, quantities are reduced in the proposal for later orders etc.

But, if a follow-up order is rejected on all items the template order remains complete. I expected the same behaviour like in Contract -> Sales Order, that the template order becomes open or beeing processed again. Customizing settings are the same as for contract -> Sales order.

Means copy control on item level has the following settings:

Copy schedule lines: Checked

Update document flow: X

Copy quantity: BLANK

Thanks a lot for you help!

Best regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this is something hard coded somewhere as I can't see any settings for this. I have tested it and found nothing which can control this. May be SAP has designed the system in this way that this setting works only for contrat not for quotation.

This is my findings not a n authorized solution or remakrs. May be I am worng and I would like to see other's findings.

If possible you can use contract as reference document if you want this functionality.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please check the following in your customization:

1. In VOV7, for the item category of 'template order', you have 'Completion field' rule as blank.

2. In VTAA, under item category you have maintained '0' in 'Pos./neg. quantity' field.

Please revert back with your confirmation on the above.

Regards

SD

sebastian_sorhagen
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case this does not help, because then I have other effects:

1. If I use your suggested VOV7 settings, the template order does not have any status at all. And also when I create a follow-up order, the remaining quantity is not correctly determined (at least as long as I use customizing only). Therefore I am going back to rule B here.

2. I tried also your VTAA with both rules, as I want to use B, here only the results then: The template order remains open although the quantity is fully referenced and also the proposed open quantity is not equal to the actual remaining quantity.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you compare the document type of a Contract and Sale Order, certain data like Document category, Transaction flow etc., are different.   So what you can try is replicate as like Sale order for Contract document type and retest the entire cycle.  I am not sure, whether this will work; its only a guess.

G. Lakshmipathi