cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are no plannable characteristic combinations

0 Kudos

We have created a user exit macro in APO DP to update a keyfigure in planning book. While executing in foreground it is working fine for a selected CVC.The problem occurs when executing the macro in a background job. When the background job is executed the macro processes correctly (performs the correct calculations) for the first CVC that is processes, but it is not able to process the rest of the CVCs. From the second set of CVC macro is not calling.

Error "There are no plannable characteristic combinations"

I have updated the internal table to change the values in user exit macro.

Please suggest!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

While executing in foreground did you load only one CVC or multiple CVC's?

In case of background, check the below points.

T_I_PLOB_VALUES --> Planning Object structure table (CVC's), you can find all the CVC's here.

T_I_LINES --> Rows as in the planning book (Key figures) attributes

T_I_COLS --> Columns as in the planning book (Horizon)

T_C_TAB --> contains the key figure values with reference to the row and column.

Please explain how are you doing the calculation in the macro.

Are you looping at T_I_PLOB_VALUES and doing the calculation for every CVC, after calculation updating the values to key figure values table T_C_TAB.

It will be better to analyze if you can able to post your code here.

Regards,

TP

0 Kudos

Hi Thanga Prakash,

In foreground i have executed it for one CVC only.

In Background, the internal table t_i_plob_values has only one CVC at a time inside the macro.

So i am doin the calculation by reading the first CVC from t_i_plob_values and will update in t_c_tab.

From the second CVC macro is not executing.

Please let if this input is enough.

Regards,

Pradeep S

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Check in debugging mode when you call the function module "BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2".

What is the messages you are getting in the it_return table.

Regards,

TP

0 Kudos

Hi, For the first CVC it is not giving any value, Bapi is working fine. But for the second CVC the macro itself is not running.

Thank you for you reply.

Regards,

Pradeep S

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

For the second CVC is the macro getting triggered ? Place a break point at the first statement

"READ TABLE t_i_plob_values INTO ls_vals INDEX 1." Might be the CHECK statement after the READ is failing so the macro is not getting executed.

Regards,

Tp

0 Kudos

Hi., I checked this already. Read statement itself is not executing. Its not coming inside the macro for second CVC . But when i checked in Debug mode, befor the macro execution one Function Module is being called. that is throwing the error 'No master data'. Function module name is /sapapo/ts_dm_get.

This is called before the macro part in the standard. Actually gt_sel_tab is the internal table which has all the CVC's in it. When FM is called for the first time the sy-subrc is 0 but for the second CVC the sy-subrc value is 3. which is the error. When i check the same combination in the Planning book the value exist.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pradeep S

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

So from the programming perspective everything looks fine.

Problem might be for a particular CVC or in a planning area.

Run a consistency check for planning area and time series objects.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/2b/e9346e13b9ef44bddd49ee419c11fd/content.htm

Regards,

Tp

0 Kudos

Hi, I tried even after executing the consistency check but still the problem persists. I ran master data time series consistency also.

thank You.

Regards,

Pradeep S

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

To find out whether there is a problem with a particular CVC, remove the particular CVC during the run time and check whether it is processing for the rest of the CVC's.

Regards,

TP