Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating the production interface in WM

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the pros and cons of activating the production interface in WM?

Have configured T333 and T321 table for 261/262 MT, and its already working fine during production order confirmations/cancellation.

Thankyou,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uses of production interface is depend on the business requirement.What actually you are expecting from SCN team as pros and cons if i look at your thread you already mentioned that it is working fine

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish,

I have not yet activated the production interface, just configured the T333 and T321 table for 261/262

MT, and its already working fine during production order confirmations/cancellation.

Hence my question is pros and cons of activating the production interface in WM?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Activation of Production interface helps you to transfer the stock from physcial bin location to the Production line side (standard SAP production storage type 100) using the transfer order against the standard SAP movement type 319 

Assignment of movement type in T333 & T321  is for consumption posting and won't help to transfer the stock from physical bin location to the Production line side

if production interface is active then the flow is

Production order -----TR(319) -----Transfer order ----Transfer order Confirmation ----Consumption posting(261)

in the absense of production interface it is just production order and then you perform the consumption posting

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish thanks for explaining the details, currently S.loc is MM managed and TO BE will be WM managed. Do you really think that activating the production interface will really help? Or just the T333 and T321 setting will be more than sufficient?

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish thanks for explaining the details, currently S.loc is MM managed and TO BE will be WM managed. Do you really think that activating the production interface will really help? Or just the T333 and T321 setting will be more than sufficient?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The overall flow of production is

1) Create Production order

2) Release production order, system creates Transfer Requirement (standard SAP MvT319)

3) Create Transfer order against the Transfer Requirement

4) Transfer the stock from physical bin to Production supply area by confirming the transfer order

5) Perform Consumption posting(261)

By activating the production interface for WM you need to perform the step 3 and 4 which will put more system control (whether you should use this or not is based on your client requirement but if WM is active then recommended approach is to use the Production interface to transfer the stock to Line side)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi WM Experts,

I am expecting a reply, appreciate your reply.

Thankyou,

Ravi