Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check number of messages received in a group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a requirement.

In my system two types of messages are processed first type are single messages and second type is group messages.

Group messages come into the system after unspecified periods of time. Each group message contains a unique GRP_REF id whereas single messages does not contain this field and also GROUP_COUNT field which is missing in single messages.

I want that whenever a unique GRP_REF_ID is encountered the system should capture the GROUP_COUNT field the message should go in holding state till all the messaages equal to GRP_COUNT with same GRP_REF_IDS are received within a specified time of 60 mins, if all messages of a grp are received it should be processed otherwise all messages should be rejected and an acknowledgement should be triggered to client.

Secondly during this specified time of 60 mins if any single message is encountered then it should pass for further processing without any delay.

Request you to guide how to achieve this complex scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aman,

I can use wait block for 60 mins but i also want that if GRP_REF ID is unique then system should look for Group_Count. If group count is 4 suppose then it shoud check whether 4 msgs with same GRP_REF id are received within the time frame established in wait block of 60 mins.

How to do this kind of settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

BPM scenario is already in place, We are using dual stack pi 7.3.

Flow in BPM is as follows

Client------>Gateway------>Level2 Validation------->Level3 Validation--------L4 Validation.

We want to place this feature between L2 and L3 validation. currently all messages that are received by system are passed without any delay from L2 to L3 validation.

How to make them wait and check the number of messages received in GRP_COUNT field.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nav,

In ccBPM, do following:

L2 Validation ----> Check if msg has GRP_REF_ID ----> If no then proceed ----> If yes then use WAIT block (specify the time for which message need to wait) and then proceed -----> L3 validation.

Let me know if any doubt.

Regards,

Aman

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nav,

According with your requirement to keep messages in the system until a predefined number of them has been reached you will need a ccBPM or SAP Netweaver BPM to do it. What is your PI version?, is it a single or dual stack?

Regards.