Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component based alerts issue

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing strange issue. We configured component based alerts and it is working good in all other PI systems except Production.

Last Sunday we implemented them in Production, when the initial job run we got bunch of previous failure alerts. After that Alert mails are not generating.

When i check the job log i can see 0 alerts consumed even few messages failed. If any one faced this issue earlier please let me know what is the fix for this problem.

Thanks,

Pavan T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would suggest that you create a new Consumer. It has happened to me once and got fixed by creating a new consumer. Not sure why it happened.

Please also log onto the JMS queue where the emails are being stored. See link below for help.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus Botha,

Thanks for your resposne. As you suggested, I have created new consumer and created a job, I am getting below error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you create the consumer in the ID(Integration Directory). For example just call it "Mail" and then create your Job in NWA to look at the queue Mail.

Make sure that everything has been activated. Trigger a few errors and take it from there.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

Thanks for the prompt resposne. I created a new consumer"Mail" now i am getting below error.

javax.naming.NamingException: Exception during lookup operation of object with name jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/Pavan. [Root exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Exception in processing name parameter jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/Mail. [Root exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Intermediate context alert not found, the whole lookup name is jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/Mail

Thanks,

Pavan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

What parameters do you have in the scheduled job? Can you please also log onto the JMS queue and see if you are able to view the queues that you created?

AggregateAlertsbooleanIN true

AlertsToMailLimitintegerIN 10

ConsumerstringIN ALERT-TO-MAIL

MailFromstringIN XIMAIL@test.com

MailTostringIN test@test.com

SupressAlertsbooleanIN false
former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

I deleted the JMS configuration  parameters for ALERT-TO-MAIL consumer and created for consumer "Mail"

Please find the screen shots my config below.

I have 3 questions

1) Do i have to maintain alert consumer as ALERT-TO-MAIL in the Job even thogh my consumer is 'Mail' ?

2) Do I have to kepp JMS connection parameters for ALERT- TO-MAIL ? currently i deleted them.

3) you asked me to log on to JMS queue to check my queues are created or not?

how can i log on to the JMS queue?

Thanks,

Pavan T,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Answers to your questions.

1. No. Maintain "Mail" and not ALERT-TO-MAIL.

2. You can delete them.

3. Please follow this blog. It will take you some time.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus Botha,

You saved my life. I created new consumer and now I am getting alerts . Thank you so much:)

Thanks,

Pavan T

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to use CBMA API and see if can retirve the alerts?

For more details on API, you can refer to this blog -

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/05/05/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

If you can read from the API but the job is unable to send any alerts i would suggest to recreate the job and disable suppress alerts(if you have already checked)

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

As per you suggestion , I tried to create new consumer id.  I didn't created my consumer through WS navigator . I followed below approach suggested by Carlos.

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot for your fantastic blog, as usual!

Just one comment:

To create a new Consumer, I think you don't need to use Webservice AlertRuleIn with RegisterConsumer operation. Just when you are creating Alert Rule in Integration Directory, press the icon to Insert Consumer and in the new line  type the name of the consumer manually and press enter.(Don't use F4 for value list)

I did this and it works. Actually  I did this, and after that I used AlertRuleIn->RegisterConsumer and I got a message like:

"Consumer PI_AT_ALL already registered"

Thanks

Kind regards.

But i am getting below error.

javax.naming.NamingException: Exception during lookup operation of object with name jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/Pavan. [Root exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Exception in processing name parameter jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/Pavan. [Root exception is javax.naming.NamingException: Intermediate context alert not found, the whole lookup name is jmsqueues/alertingVP/jms/queue/xi/monitoring/alert/Pavan

Thanks,

Pavan T