cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Some Errors occur during the update of the repository model" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i try to checkin the model , getting "Some Errors occur during the update of the repository model" error.

any one let me know the reson for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the View menu, check the Output option and try again.

You should get the same result, but sometimes the messages displayed in the Output window shed a little more light on the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please give me more details. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Which version of PowerDesigner 16.5.4.1 (4535) ?

Which DBMS, version ?

Do you use PowerDesigner Proxy ?

Do you have update PowerDesigner AND PowerDesigner Proxy at the same time ?

Do you use accentued characters ? Do you have set in General Options=>Category Repository=>Nb bytes characters to 3 ? Same thing about the connection from Proxy to your DBMS ?

With wich model do you have this problem?

It's a model created from a previous version of PowerDesigner ?

Thank,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

I am using 16.1 versiona and SQL DB.

Yes we are using PowerDesigner proxy.

I dont have answer for the highlightes question.

PDM models throws me the error.

No model created in this version only.

Is there any reason why i am getting the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Help and print your version/patch. 16.1.x.x (XXXX)

Is there any reason why I am getting the error ?

a) Do you use accentued characters. If the answer is yes. Set to 3 characters

b) Do you have update PowerDesigner Proxy and PowerDesigner at the same time ?

c) Read the patches (they are many since) to determine if there's one that talks about your problem. If this case apply this patch. Read OR update to the last version 16.5.4.1 (4535).

e) Contact SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

b) Do you have update PowerDesigner Proxy and PowerDesigner at the same time ? --> How to check this?

c) Read the patches  --> should i apply any patch to resolve this error?

Still i am not clear why i am getting that generic error

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Do you have update PowerDesigner Proxy and PowerDesigner at the same time ? --> How to check this? You have downloaded PowerDesigner contained in a zip file. Into this zip file you have PowerDesigner and Proxy. When you install or update PowerDesigner YOU must also at the same time update Proxy. Usually you can't use old proxy version with another version of PowerDesigner. They works in pairs.

2) Go to see the log file DefaultLogger.log about Proxy for more détails about your error. Open the Proxy Configuration to know where your log files are stored. The proxy is installed on a server.

3) On your local PC where your PowerDesigner is installed you can also usually Go to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Temp to see your log files from PowerDesigner

Check_Model.log

_PD_SessionLog.txt

General.log

etc.

4) Read the patches  --> should i apply any patch to resolve this error? Take knowledge about bugs resolved by SAP for each patch delivered by SAP since 16.1 (EBF12) or install the last version 16.5.4.1 (4535) or contact the support line.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. Let me check.