cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand box to end of page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to make a box expand to the end of the page?

I'm looping over DATA in a subform which is allowed to page break.

However, if a new page is generated the subform needs to expand to the end of the first page.

Is there a way of achieving this in the Adobe Form designer tool or with some workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Niels,

Instead of expanding sub form till the end of page, you can drag the content area till the end of page.

And you should not provide the bottom border on the table level in the design view. But you should rather give the border on the bottom of the content area. Because the table data will not go beyond the content area and you will always get the bottom border at the end of the page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

That is indeed a good start but the problem is that it is not always the case that this box should expand until the end of the page.

The box should only expand when the data, printed in this box, is continuing on the next page.

If this is not the case, the box does not need to expand and other information (bank account numbers, terms of payment, ...) needs to be displayed on this page.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Niels

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Niels,

Then in that case, I think just below the content area, you need to place a text field of required width and fill the background color which will act as border.

Now in Layout Ready event of this text field, you need to check in JavaScript if other information(bank account numbers, terms of payment etc) has been printed or not.

If Yes, then this text field(acting as a border) will be hidden.

If No, then this text field(acting as a border) will be visible.

The reason I told you to take a text field is that I think you cannot write script on Line or Rectangle object.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Piyushmatrixs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain it little more with screen shot?

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

First of all thanks for your response.

Underneath you can find a screenshot.

The red line is indicating the page end.

In the table above the red line we are looping over some materials, if there isn't enough space on the page for a complete material, the next material is posted to the next page.

This is fine but the border around the table should still go to the end of the page so we don't have a lot of space between the material table and the end of the page.

Kr,

Niels De Greef