cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple attachments through Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest how to send multiples through SAP Gateway. I have already tried to send a single file, its working.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

what about adding an entity set solely for attachments that you access via navigation from your already existing entity set?

This way you could upload multiple files as single entities of your attachement entity set.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your response.

Actually I thought we could upload files through stream methods only.

now you mean to say we need to implement deep insert method for that so that we will get multiple files in binary format and can upload them in backend ..?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

In order to send a multiple files for attachment, you can use get_entity_set method. Using this method, multiple records could be send to front end. We can put the content in xstring format which will be consumed in front end. we would also need to send across the file MIMETYPE.

Regards,

Aashika 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashika,

Thanks.

We need to get multiple files from front end and update them into backend.

I will try to implement deep insert.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Even the same is achievable from front end to back-end using get entity set.

Probably if the front end is UI5 then the data is received in the form of xstring to back-end which would can be converted to any format like binary using standard function modules.

Regards,

Aashika

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

The below behavior i have seen,

In GW client we could add only one file at a time. If we try to add multiple files the previously added file will be over written with the newly added one.

If at all you have multiple files to be uploaded, service has to be called every time with appropriate mime type.

I don't see any way to upload multiple files in one go.

Regards,

Ashwin