cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM Master Data import .csv vs Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have planned to import Master Data using .csv from ECC.

In this case, do I still need to import Master Data from the Workbook?

With kind regards,

Lina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina,

If you are planning to integrate with ECC and secondly if you want all the business documents to use the Master data and Customizing data replicated from ECC, then you should just import the CSV/XML files from ECC.

You will only import the same content from both workbook and ECC if some of your business documents have to use the local master data and need not be published to ECC..

Hope this is clear if not please let me know..

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Can you please confirm if I am only using Master Data imported from ECC, then I do not need to use Workbook to import master data.

Kind regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lina, Please follow the guidelines below..

Sequence of importing Unit of Measurements

1. (language dependent) texts for

Unit Categories

2. Unit Categories itself

3. ISO Code for Unit of

Measurement

4. Unit of Measurement itself

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks a lot for your help.

When I try to make the upload I am asked by the system to choose an object type but the point is that the "Unit Category Text" is not available in the drop-down list for selection.

I have the same issue for "Unit Category".

Then I am not able to execute the import for "Unit Category Text" and "Unit Category"

Kind regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lina,

For Unit category texts... use the 'Localized Resource' as Object type and for Unit Category, use 'Value list values' as Object type..

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you so much! I will try this and let you know the result.

Kind regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks again, it did work for the Unit Category text and Unit Category.

But I got status "Succeeded with Warnings"  for the Units of measure import: what does that mean?

Kind regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

So if I am importing Master Data via .csv files then I could delete the correponding "Master Data" tabs from the "Enterprise & Company" Workbook before importing it .

Kind regards,

Lina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You can do that.. if you don't plan on using any of that for creating local Business documents (they only reside in SAP Sourcing and never get published to ECC)

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check the Trace.txt file again to see what the warnings are..

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I will check the trace and let you know if I need more help on this.

You said previously that I could delete the sheets related to master data from the Workbook in case I import all master data from .csv files, does this also apply for Companies sheet in the Workbook?

As per the Config guide, I should also maintain at least one Internal Category but we are replicating the Material Groups from ECC, then do I still need to maintain it?

Also it seems that I need to maintain Locations: what is the purpose here, would it be available at Contract level, as per the Config Guide only one location is required?

Thanks and kind regards,

LIna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Each sheet in the Workbook is a CSV. So, if you want to import all the master data at one go, then prepare the complete Workbook and do the import or you can individually prepare csv for each Master data and do the import

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

So if I am importing Master Data via .csv files then I could delete the correponding "Master Data" tabs from the "Enterprise & Company" Workbook before importing it .

Kind regards,

Lina