cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 3.0 - render with mobile devices?

former_member193127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is possible to render SAP Screen Personas 3.0 with browser-able mobile devices? I'm not sure, because it is based on HTML 5, otherwise the mobile device need maybe LAN connection for rendering and therefore it is not possible for all browser-able mobile devices.

Thanks for helping me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The official answer from SAP is that Personas is a desktop technology and is not officially supported on mobile devices. Version 3 is pure HTML, but that doesn't guarantee mobile compatibility. The screen rendering engine is webgui, and essentially Personas should work whereever webgui works. Note that there are some issues with webgui on iOS devices. Not many, but some. See for example OSS note 1880491. And webgui is not designed for a touch interface, so things can be a little awkward sometimes. 

All that said, my experience with Personas 3 on Android devices is that it works pretty well. You can actually work around some of the webgui issues with Personas, redesigning the screens to avoid the situations that don't work. You can build mobile friendly flavours (large fonts and buttons, for example), and can use JavaScript to sense the display resolution or device type and switch to an appropriate layout.

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Benjamin,

I've been playing with Personas3 for at least a couple days now, and I believe it's possible - but not a 'straight forward' way of doing such.

since Personas3 works with html/js you can always use and delegate the 'view' to the upper UI5 component (Personas3 is pretty much a UI5 application) - so you would construct all your screen elements using scripts inside personas and adding them into the user content area.

I'm not too sure how SAP developed the screen Michael linked in that document above (page 25) - but unless I'm doing something pretty wrong, there is no such way to embed UI5 directly in a personas flavor.

Cheers,

D.

0 Kudos

Hey Benjamin

As Screen Personas 3.0 is based on HTML5 and therefore reachable through ICM, you should be able to forward requests from SAP WebDispatcher or any Load Balancer within your DMZ or Extranet. Therefore, you should be able to connect from any device from anywhere.

Additionally, as Fiori Launchpad has been designed using Screen Personas (see SAP Screen Personas 3.0 Oct 2014, page 25), you should be able to create device-independent screens.

Hope, this helps.

Regards,

Michi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, that screen you see on slide 25 isn't the Fiori launchpad. It is a Personas screen that's built to look like it. Fiori is not built using Personas.

Steve.