cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split str files using DISTMON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I am new to SAP migration . We have requirement of migrating 3.5 TB Oracle DB from Solaris to Windows . We have 3 apps sever and one DB server .

HostnameOSNB CPU PhysiqueNB CPU ThreadMemory(GB)
APPS1Solaris 102832
APPS2Solaris 102832
APPS3Solaris 102832
DBSolaris 102832

Have listed largest 100 tables from DB02 and ran table split preparation using sapints pl/sql splitter it create whr.txt file that contains all table name with split numbers . and pass whr.txt files as table input file in split str files screen .

Do my above approach is correct ?

My queries are .

1. How to split str files using DISTMON

2.how to distribute split-ed STR files equally  in four apps server.

3. should I create OrderBy.txt with same content of whr.txt.

Please advise .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

What you did is correct, rather than using the pl/sql splitter which is oracle specific, let the sapinst use the R3ta which is database independent, as your situation is OS migration. About using the distribution monitor please check this doc created by Mathieu.

regards

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik/Ashish ,

I

Thanks for your comments . I already gone through that blog and links .

As our DB is oracle and we only migrating O/S so We can use pl/sql splitter  . My concern is how to distribute splited  strs and whr files between four  systems .

should it equally distribute between nodes when I run ./distribution_monitor.sh -p -profile export_profile

Please advise .

Regards,

Ibrahim

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ibrahim,

As you hardware has same CPU across all systems, you distribute equally.

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik ,

Thanks for your reply

my concern is how to distribute .whr and splitted  strs files equally in different nodes ?

Furthermore how to prepare OrderBy.txt files to include these .whr and splitted  strs files.

Do Sapinst  create  OrderBy.txt if I select  Define package unload order and incorporate all .whr files (CDCLS-1,CDCLS-2 ....) and splitted  strs files .

Please advise .

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) distribution.txt ( table=hostname or package=hostname) to distribute split tables and packages.

2) OrderBy.txt can be edited manually to provide load order for table or package partitions.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.