cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License update to Java system automate using Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am enabling automate license update to Java systems using solution manager.

I have activated the license distribution. I faced issue while distributing the license to managed system.

After performing some workaround, I have to wait one day to distribute the license again whether issue solved or not since I am not sure manually how to distribute the license immediately to check.

Please share your points how to distribute the license immediately to managed system from solman whether license distribution is working fine or not.

Thank you,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check:

Automatic Distribution of License Data - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Note: 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting

Thanks

Vikram

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only requirements I'm aware of are that the SMD agent is installed to the hosts and the typical OSS RFCs for SolMan are configured.

I have noticed that licenses tend to fail updating when a database refresh is performed and the system isn't re-managed and user accounts end up locked.  But as for forcing it to happen immediately, has never concerned me as long as it is updating the systems.

I would have to assume that there is a job run in SolMan to obtain the files from OSS and perhaps a second job that sends them out to the various agents to install (java systems, I believe ABAP systems are handled via managed RFCs).

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check:

Automatic Distribution of License Data - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Note: 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting

Thanks

Vikram