cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Solution Manager 7.1 with HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

As per new updates in NW 7.4, we can't install both ABAP & JAVA stack together :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60bf3650-e219-3010-ef93-d11928aa8...

In this scenario , I have proceed to install a solution manager test system as follows :

1. Install Solution Manager 7.1  ABAP stack with HANA (NW: 7.4) in SLES (SP3) :

=> As both HANA & ABAP instances are in the same host , so both SIDs are different over here .

Following option has been chosen in latest SWPM :

2. Install the JAVA stack in the same host by using same HANA system [It didn't allow to keep the same SID as ABAP instance] :

Following option has been chosen in latest SWPM :

It seems , I am doing some mistakes over here . Could you guys suggest the process to be followed over here to install SOLMAN 7.1 with HANA ? I have checked in /instguides , but didn't find proper installation document .

Please advise !!

Regards,

Nilutpal Sharmah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilutpal,

Can I implement Solution manager 7.1 on HANA with a single database (no MCOS/multi tenancy) using same SID for both ABAP and Java stack ?  or is it different?  Please clarify if this is a dual stack or not.

Thanks!

Veera

0 Kudos

Nilutpal,

We are planning to install solman 7.1 rampup on HANA. Can you please clarify if this installation need 2 different SIDs and 2 different HANA databases installed?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal Sharmah,

I have the similar requirement (Solman installation on HANA). Can you please let me know how you completed the installation (ABAP+JAVA stacks) and configuration. Have you faced any issues during diagnostic agents configuration in solman_setup.

If possible can you please forward me the document to my mail ID (suresh1006@gmail.com)

Thanks
Suresh Aithagani

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I already have checked the SMP links sent by you , but unfortunately it doesn't contain proper document under SL ToolSet links :

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilitpal

As I could see in the guide you given, it clearly mentioned that dual stack is still supported with SAP Solman 7,1 landscapes.

you can read it in last 2 nd page, may I ask the screenshot of the error.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi ,

Thanks for your reply !!

Yes , still SAP  supports dual stack installation , but for this scenario SOLMAN 7.1 powered by HANA , SWPM isn't providing any mechanism for installing both the stack together. hence , I have followed above mentioned process (ABAP with HANA & then JAVA with HANA by using same DB instance) . Actually installation has been completed by this way , but I could not able to keep same SID both for ABAP & JAVA stacks (as like as traditional process) . I am not sure whether I have followed the correct process or not , so I need your suggestion on how to proceed for solman 7.1 with HANA installation. Secondly , I didn't get proper installation guide for this in SMP .

Regards,

Nilutpal .