cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from SAP TAO to CBTA

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are currently using SAP TAO 3.0 along with following tools: ALM 11, UFT 11.5.

We would like to move to Test Framework CBTA instead of TAO to reduce the License cost consumed by ALM.

That means, we want to use Solution Manager as our Test Management tool and CBTA and QTP as Testing tools.

But the challenge here is:

We have thousands of scripts already created using SAP TAO and QTP.

So is there any way to migrate this Test Scripts and Artifacts from ALM/QC to Solution Manager and utilize them in CBTA?

I appreciate your help in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this might be helpful :

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check Wiki:

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Test Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

here you will find all the information regarding TAO and CBTA.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Vikram, the SolMan Test management Wiki does not mention specifically Mohamed's question:

So is there any way to migrate this Test Scripts and Artifacts from ALM/QC to Solution Manager and utilize them in CBTA?

Mohamed, I have never read any documentation dealing with this topic so far.

I have not worked with SAP TAO (yet ), but I still may help a little bit.

There is no standard migration tool which, like a "magic button", would transfer your scripts from HP ALM to SolMan.

SAP developed a tool which does this, although it has to be adapted for every customer, because the way scripts are created may be very different from one company to another one (structure, data, libraries, etc.).

From my own experience, we managed, with their help, to do such migration.

For this project we worked in collaboration with SAP AGS (Active Global Support).

BUT SAP performed the migration themselves, as a service.

AND the possibility that they do it for your company/customer as well may depend on the contract (Enterprise Support, Max Attention, PSLE), and maybe other conditions. If you need further information about it, please contact SAP.

One more thing, to be accurate:

You say "migrate UFT test scripts into SolMan and utilize them in CBTA".

CBTA is an application which records actions into scripts and executes them, exactly like UFT/QTP. And there is no tool to migrate QTP scripts into CBTA scripts.

After the migration of scripts was done, we still maintained them in QTP. However we were able to compose them with CBTA scripts in TCE - Test Composition Environment (in SolMan).

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Rémi.

0 Kudos

Thanks Remi,

I got the Point. Your answer is very helpful. I knew that migrating the Test Scripts from ALM to Solution Manager is a very challenging task and requires lot of re-work.

Now we have decided to start our work on CBTA from scratch for the new projects(whichever comes) and will continue to use TAO for the old projects.

Will appreciate your support if you can provide some documents to Kick start with CBTA.

I have the documents already in SOLMAN Wiki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

There are no other official documents than those on the Test Management Wiki Page.

As a starting point, I would definitely use the How-to Guide (https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000043122014E.PDF), with a particular focus on chapters 6, 7 and 8.

Yours,

Rémi.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Remi