cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate Hierarchy in Listbox and BEx Conditions usage in Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am pretty new to Design Studio, working in 1.3 version. While developing a dashboard did not get any idea on the below issues. Tried a lot exploring few threads but did not get any valid result.

Issue - 1:

I want to populate a Listbox with a Fiscal Period Hierarchy arranged perfectly in a hierarchical fashion. Attached below is the screenshot of the requirement. (Requirement.JPG)

Here is My Code in 'On Startup' of the application which fetches only the hierarchies assigned to the dimension successfully but not the hierarchy members expanded to Level 3. (screenshot attached - Err_Res_Hier.JPG) Also tried with 'GetMembers' function but can only see the Months (i.e. Level 3 Members) not the whole hierarchy.

Code :

QUERY_FILTERS_CUST.activateHierarchy("0FISCPER");

var i = 0;

var hier = QUERY_FILTERS_CUST.getHierarchies("0FISCPER");

hier.forEach(function(element, index) {

if (i == index)

{

LISTBOX_FINPER_TAB2_CUST.addItem(element.name, element.text);

i=i+1;

}

});

Is there any possibility to try with expand Node function. Any other workaround will be highly appreciated.

Issue - 2:

Suppose I want to populate BEx Query conditions in a dropdown box, By any chance is this possible in Design Studio without doing any query level change? If possible, then what can be the appropriate scripting for the same?

However, I have went through a link (http://www.hackingsap.com/blog/sap-design-studio-and-conditions - one way to use BEx conditions in SAP BO Design Studio) saying via Input Variables it is possible (Not tried though). But without following these steps, is it possible to bring the same conditions in Design Studio. If so then how?

It would be great if I can get any valuable information on the same. Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Sambit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the first requirement, why not use a Dimension Filter instead of a listbox?  That keeps the hierarchy (at least for my BEx query)

I am not really following the second requirement, or what the objection is to following the blog's steps.

In the future, please create 2 separate discussions for this.

Thanks,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

Thanks for your response. Will create two separate threads in future.

Not really tried with dimension filter for first issue as Customer is demanding to populate the data into a Listbox for multiple selection. Will try with the dimension filter and propose the change, if successful.

And for the second issue I wanted to avoid BEx query changes for the time being as I wanted to explore with more Design Studio options to achieve the same.

Thanks,

Sambit

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would try the dimension filter as it does work with multiple selections and no code is required

On the second, I recommend following the steps in the blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the quick suggestions. Will try following these and will share if achieved the desired results.

Thanks,

Sambit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Sorry for the delayed response. But yes for the first issue, I am able to show hierarchical order data in a dimension filter which is not possible via a dropdown box in Design Studio. May be SAP would soon look into this issue to resolve which is a general requirement.

And for the second issue, I am able to show the BEx conditions defined in Query designer via a method introduced in Design Studio 1.4 for a datasource alias i.e. Get Conditional Format Name(getConditionalFormatName) where we pass the parameter for the function as ID of conditional format defined in Query Designer. In this way we can populate a dropdown with the condition names which perfectly met our requirement.

Thanks,

Sambit

Answers (0)