cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Access Extension - Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does SAP Certify data access extension written in C# or JAVA to call and get response data from RESTful APIs?

Best Regards,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank

Not at this time. Currently RESTful APIs are restricted to BI Platform, WEBI and Crystal Reports for Enterprise.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Ludek.

I am taking care of calling RESTful APIs in data access extension which I wrote in JAVA. I am not looking for any option in SAP Lumira to support calling of such API for me.

My use case is to create an JAVA exe (aka Lumira's data access extension or DAE) which gets the data from webservices in open internet and send the output to console the way Lumira understands it. Lumira uses console output to acquire data. I wrote Java program based on the guide lines given by SAP DAE developer guide.

For your reference:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_117_dae_dev_en.pdf

What I want to know if SAP certifies such DAE written in different language(C#,Java, python etc.) following the approach which they have given in developers guide?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I am not sure what you mean by "certify"?

Should it work? Yes - as long as you follow the doc you referenced. If done right, Lumira does not care where the data is coming from, just that it can understand it.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I read the following from the link you provided:

The integration certification helps to ensure high-quality integration of third-party products and a smooth flow of business data through SAP software and SAP components via open interfaces

my thought is that this certification is for 3rd party vendors. E.g.; if you want your app (3rd party app) to be certified. If that is what you are looking for, see the links at the bottom of the document you referenced.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek.

Answers (0)