cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination in DIP profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been looking around for an answer to my question and found things that come close but not entirely, so I hope you can help.

I've got a custom DIP profile which I use to create a billing request based on a Sales order. The sales order can have 4 material numbers:
10.000 till 10.003

I would like the billing request to copy the material number from the Sales order.
I've tried using the checkbox "Mat determination" for characteristic "Material", followed by the checkbox "Material direct" in the material determination tab. Even with this setting the first line in material determination was always chosen.
example of material determination:
line     material

1          10.000
2          10.001
3          10.002

4          10.003

To clarify. If the sales order has material 10.002, I want to see that number, which is on line 3 in the determination, in the billing request.

What am I doing wrong and how can I set this up correctly?

Your help is appreciated!

Regards,
Sander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

You could also leave the first line in material determination Blank (no material number), and with no more lines, and with 'Material direct flag' the system will copy the material number direct from service order into sales order.

hope it helps,

Hector

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sander,

Appreciate if you can post this in SD forum .

Thanks,

Shareeq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved by using EXIT_SAPLV46H_001

maven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you please tell me, how you did it using EXIT_SAPLV46H_001. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've tried your suggestion but without the result I was hoping for.

Material is the only char relevant for Mat. Determination.
NoSummization was tried, but did not have the correct result.

Material determination holds 2 material: 10000 and 10001. Material direct is checked.
Individual checkbox was tried, but didn’t give the wanted result.

In criteria the All materials set is chosen for both materials

I have an order with costs on material 10001, but not on material 10000. If I use DP91 now, the billing req will be created, with the costs, but against material 10000.

It looks like SAP is taking the first item of the material determination, regardless of the material in the Sales Order.

Any more ideas? I hope the screenshots help!

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sander van Veen

You have to ensure the No summarization option is selected

"All dynamic items with equal material number (from the material
determination) are summarized in one sales document item."

I hope this small bit of information helps

Ger

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Though I am not an expert on DIP is the individual indicator checked in your profile? Can you verify that..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

The individual checkbox is not checked. I haven't tried it either yet in my options. I checked the assistent to see what it does and if I understand correctly it will no longer use characteristics but enter all material options in the list. Can you confirm this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

After adding various characteristic values to DIP materials in DIP profile, it is essential to check the consistency of the DIR profile via ODP2L.

During consistency check , the check point that needs to be checked is that the concerned  changes done are in “Green Light”. If these come in “Red Light”  , this indicates changes are not consistent and need to find out the reason for the same.

To identify the cause , we need to go to ODP2L and find out the DIP material for which the changes have been done.

Also refer to SAP note

301117 - Enhanced documentation for dynamic item processor (DIP)

Regards

Tushar

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

The individual check takes the line items in the sales order into account and doesn't club it all together.. I don't have a Sales Scenario in my Sandbox.. Sorry cannot test the cycle..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I'll give this setting a shot later today and will let you know.

Thanks,
Sander

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Also check whether all cost elements are added in the CRITERIA of your material determination.

I presume, you might have added only one Cost element which would be of first material. However, you can put the screenshot of criteria option under the dialog structure

thanks

santosh