cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DEV, SAP TEST via PI DEV (there is no PI TEST)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please help to clarify my issue.

There is need to provide communication SAP DEV(RFC) <-> NON SAP DEV(SOAP) and SAP TEST(DEV) <-> NON SAP TEST(SOAP) via PI DEV (there is no PI TEST, only DEV and PROD).

I haven't faced with such scenario, so:

1) I need to upload to PI DEV wsdl from test and dev. IS IT TRUE?

2) to distinguish which SAP system is ending message there is need to use different PROGRAM ID (DESTINATION RFC). IS IT TRUE?

3) how to distinguish which non SAP system is sending message? how to generate different WSDLs in PI for DEV and TEST system?

I know how to generate WSDL, but is it enough when provide in 'Specify Interface' different Service Interface for TEST and DEV?

in my case in 'Specify Sender' is the same FM for both systems

Thank You

Regards,

Tomasz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

1) yes, that's correct.

2) In case of RFC adapter yes, I think this is required.

3) You can make your configuration as usual. You will have two configurations, one for TEST, one for DEV. If you use SOAP adapter, the system will generate a different WSDL for each of them, so you just have to pass the respective URL to the sender, and that's it. PI will notice from where the message arrives. If you use direct channel adressing with URL parameters, you have to specify the sending system in one parameter. PI will look for a matching ICO/Sender Agreement and execute the scenario. You will receive an error if there is no match.

Just go for it, it is pretty straightforward.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

Thank You for Your help.

Regards,

Tomasz

Answers (0)