cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number missing in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having an issue with serial number. In fact, when I do the transaction QA32, the material document is created. But when I check in MIGO, the serial number is missing.

I already checked the Work Scheduling in MM03. The serial number profile is well assigned.

I also checked QMSL procedure. The serial number usage is set to 03 (i.e. obligatory)

Grateful if someone could shed some light on which direction should I continue to investigate.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am also facing similar issue.

We are going through Repetitive manufacturing and I am not able to generate the 1:1 link between inspection lot and serial number. Though all mandatory setup are extended -

a) MMSL, QMSL => Added

b) Serializing procedure with Usage "03" for QMSL => activated,

c) Material added to serial no profile.

d) QM view has "serial No possible" checked.

Please can you help me too to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

If you want to establish the link between inspection lot number and serial number_

1. Go to QAMB table. Input inspection lot number and fetch QAMB-MBLNR - Material document number
  2. You can input this material document in to MSEG table to identify it belongs to which movement type. QAMB contains all the material documents of movements against inspection lot.
  3. Input the material document number, year and item identified in step 1 into SER03 table and fetch SER03-OBKNR - Object list number
  4. Pass this object list number in to table OBJK-OBJNR field and fetch OBJK-SERNR.
  5. The values in field SERNR give you the serial numbers associated with that material document

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, I can now get the 1:1 link between inspection lot and Serial numbers through the tables, as this information is not directly available in QM tables.

I am sharing my observation here for all. I believe link between Sl No and Insp lots can be established by two ways -

Option 1: QAMB + MSEG + SER03 + OBJK* => List of serial Numbers added to material Doc.

NOTE: In this above process, we are getting the object list (OBKNR) against the serialization procedure (VORGANG) for manufacturing. For example, in my REM scenario, it's picking PPSF, as "03" is added in the SerialNoProfile Z005, maintained in the material master Work Scheduling view. After that, when we are using this 'object list' value in table OBJK, we get the header table (TASER) value as SER03.

Option 2: SER04 + OBJK => Same serial numbers form goods movement added to inspection lots.

NOTE: In this process, based on the available inspection lots, 'object list' is automatically picked. But here the serialization procedure (VORGANG) value picked as MMCQ. Now when I pass this value through OBJK, I get the correct serial numbers, and also the header table (TASER) select the value as SER04.

Check the object list 5.258 and 5,259 in OBJK and I see both are same -

Analysis: I have added procedures MMSL, PPSF and QMSL with usage "03". In my setup, I am not getting the F4 selection list for MMCQ (Goods receipt in inspection lot) to be added to my profile Z005 manually. When I have check the table T377X, I understand that the MMCQ procedure will be active only in background for copying the serial numbers in header table SER04. But I am not sure if this MMCQ procedure is a pre-requisite to MMSL or PPSF or QMSL. Also the table OBJK can read the values of 'object list' and suggest the upstream table name form where that particular value is generated. So this is going to give us the correct numbers we are looking for.

If there is something else I have missed out, kindly correct my understanding.

Hi Feenaz,

May be you should add all the Serialization procedure explained above, and try running your scenario, and suggest if that works for you.

I thank each and everyone for your help. Also thank lot many other SCN threads where there were some pointers - below is a small list but not limited to only these threads.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1651507

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3262414

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3236049

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2060879

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit, Very well briefed! Yes, I also have the similar understanding as yours!

QMSL is the main serialization procedure that is assigned to serial number profile. Others are taken for background processing. I think it is not prerequisite but by default these get activated when QMSL is assigned. May be several movements or events are associated with inspection lot stock posting and these could be used to distinguish amid them.

Anand

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feenaz

It seems serial nos were not assigned in the transaction (may be GR or stock transfer) prior to  it came to the quality stock. As a result you are not getting the serial nos in material document. For this you have to chek the serialising procedure -MMSL -Maintain goods receipt and issue doc. Check if it is optional or obligatory. You may cancel the material movement document on ehich serial nos are there & do the movenet again with serial nos

Thanks

S P Behera

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the MMSL and it is obligatory (03).

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feenaz,

If I understand you have this issue with the document material done in th UD.

Please tell us if in the QA32 do you have the bottom "Serial Numbers"?

If you select do you have some pop-up with serial code number?

And check also in the material master data > Inspection setup if was selected "Serial Number Manager Possible".

Regards,

Xavier

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I find similar posting earlier

Obligatory setting for QMSL works only if you received the lot with serial number. I feel that you need to check the GR material document that generated this inspection lot. If you are offered with inspection lot that does not contain any serial number, you can not post the stock from QM with serial numbers!!

Which material document you are checking in MIGO? 321 movement or 101?

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Craig is correct. You need to check it with MM / PM forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am checking the movement code 321 in MIGO.

I have a question, if it is not QA32 which is doing the Goods Receipt, then where is the Material Document being created?

Also, how do I check inspection lot that does contain serial number?

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If I am right serial no. will be assigned at the time of GR. That is for 101 movement. when you do transfer of that material either from location to location or from stock type to stock type the same number will get reflected in the respective material document. So you need to ensure whether your basic material document (101 movement) is with serial no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the serial number is available in all previous GR documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MIGO, when I check material document for all other movement code, the serial number is displayed correctly. But when I check for movement code 321, the serial number is not there.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure this is a QM issue.  You might want to try  posting this in the MM forum.  QA32 is a worklist and does not create material documnets.  You must be executing something else FROM the worklist.  Or you are just displaying frmo the worklist??

Craig