Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in Transit issue

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

We are using LOG_MM_SIT business function to map client process regarding SIT entry generation at the time of PGI and COGS debit upon POD.Scenario we are using is Delivery with transfer of title at the customer location. We did this overcome some audit objections client had on the normal SAP accounting logic for sales processing. After when we activated LOG_MM_SIT , for MTS scenario its working fine but for MTO scenario wherein system is created Production order with reference to Sales order, we are facing problem. For MTO scenario system is booking following entry upon GR from Production Order

For MTO Process                     For MTS Process                        

SIT-Inv A/c Dr         FG-Inv A/C Dr

COGM A/c    Cr         COGM A/C Cr

On PGI

SIT-Inv A/C Dr         SIT-INV A/c Dr

SIT-Inv A/C Cr         FG-Inv A/C  Cr

On POD                

COGS A/C Dr           COGS A/c Dr

SIT-INV A/c Cr        SIT-Inv A/C Cr

Client needs the same flow of entries in MTO as what is happening in MTS scenario. I need know from SD experts if they have encountered such scenario in MTO , is there any alternative to make system post accounting entries similar to MTS scenario in MTO.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you discussed with your Finance team ?

G. Lakshmipathi

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am myself financial consultant and i am satisfied the way system behaving on it but client is not accepting the accounting flow which is happening in MTO scenario, they want same accounting flow to as of MTS to happen in MTO. Do we have any exit or enhancement to achieve this in SD ?

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I managed to change system behavior to post accounting entries in MTO-SIT scenario by changing requirement class 201 valuation parameter from M to A. Now system is posting accounting entries similar to MTS scenarios.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For MTO scenario, at the time of PGI level system will pick GBB:VAY ( OBYC Settings) , Sale order Costing.

For MTS scenario, at the time of PGI level system will pick GBB:VAX ( OBYC Settings), Normal Scenario.

Kindly take the help of MM Consultant

Go to OBYC Transaction code and select GBB and enter the Chart of account and check the GL account assigned to corresponding Valuation Modifier, General Modification ( VAY/VAX), Valuation Class ( In material Master) , G/L Account.

I hope it will solve your issue.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasana:

I already know about these concepts, point where system is doing wrong impacts is right from the inception , when system you do GR against a an MTO based Production order system taking VC: Sales order stk from material master and get the GL assigned to it in OBYC-BSX which is a Stock in transit GL passing the following entry

Inv-SIT A/C Dr (BSX)

FG Inv Change Cr (GBB-AUF)

When we do PGI , system is crediting the Inv-SIT A/c GL and Debiting it again as given udner

Inv-SIT A/c Dr (BSX)

Inv-SIT A/c Cr (BSX)

Upon POD system credits this account by debiting COGS

COGS A/C Dr (GBB-VAX)

Inv-SIT A/c Cr (BSX)

We do not want system to pass above entries , we want the same entries as system passed in MTS scenario.