cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check not considering open purchase order qty in case of shortage of available stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 975 pcs as available stock (unrestricted), on booking sales order of 1000 pcs, availability check confirms only 975 pieces though i have open purchase orders having quantity more than 300 pcs. So i want that system should  pick the balance 25 pcs from those open purchase orders. I have done changes in configuration through OPJJ whose screenshot is attached herewith. Pls tell, is there any changes required in configuration or is there anything which i can do in configuration so that i can get the desired result.

Regards

Deven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Problem here is, the system is not proposing the dates for the full order quantity. Normally, availability check will propose the dates for whole of the order quantity, even if its not available in the stock, after considering the production/procurement time.

There must be some problem with the availability check configurations, or the MMR.

please check mrp1, mrp2, mrp3, mrp3 views and make sure data are properly maintained.

Also check the configurations of Availability check,

Reg

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, especially Jobi for all the support. Well i have done & checked the same process in another sales organization (though the configuration is already done in the past) and its working fine. Issue resolved.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Deven,

Did you get, why the system was behaving like this in this scenario..? Whats the inference.?

Please update

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jobi, I am not pretty sure but i must say there is something missing/incorrect or improper configuration relating to availability control what i did earlier. But thanks anyways.

Sanjitbhattacha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

Check the checking rule,it is showing different value in two two different screen shot.

Regards,

Sanjit Bhattacharya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sanjit.

And i have checked both the rules as you said. Configuration in OPJJ are same for both the checking rules.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in OPJJ level activate stock for- include restricted-use stock

then check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bojja

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked what you have said but still the result is same. Not picking the balance qty.

Deven

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

In your screenshot there is the 'ATP quanitity"  icon, click on that and paste that one here.

ITs CO09 as suggested by Noel

Reg

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Jobi , i have updated the screenshot. you can check now & thanks again.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

Its showing  sales order for 1500 quantities on 3rd December.

and ATP is 1325, considering PO quants.  CHeck if there are any open sales orders.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

I've checked and found one back order of qty 25 but it is already invoiced in back date and no more open sales order for that material. Also if i book one order of 1000 pcs for that material, it picks only 975 pcs as i told you earlier. Then again i book order of say 500 pcs then only it picks qty from those purchase orders.

Thanks

Deven

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

IS your sales order not allowing multiple schedule lines..?

Is Partial deliveries not allowed for this customer?.  Just an assumption, not sure if this is related to that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well yes, i have checked, partial deliveries are allowed for this customer but i am not sure about multiple schedule lines for the sales order.....is there any configuration where i can check & rectify?

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post a screenshot of the schedule lines proposed by the availability check? According to your Co09, 1325 should be confirmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am posting the screenshot below -

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, what are the shipping dates? Could it be that the material availability date is before 1st December?

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is the screenshot for shipping dates -

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi deven,

Could you paste the availability check screen shot again, the one u pasted earlier and removed.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok is this one you were talking about ?

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the screen shot, the availability check is not even proposing a possible delivery date for the remaining quantity..

Is this a one case, or this is happening for other materials too?

Hope you are creating the new order and not running the availability check from the existing order after modification.

THanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Actually we are testing the scenario where we need that sales order material should automatically pick the balance quantity from open purchase orders if that material quantity in sales order is greater than available stock quantity. But here in our case, when i make second sales order of say 500 pcs then only it picks the open purchase order quantity in my second sales order.  The screenshots below will clear the picture -

First Sales Order (Picking the open stock quantity) -

Second Sales Order (Picking the open purchase order quantity) -

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your scope of check looks good to me. You sure checking group "Z3" is the group assigned to the material master? Maybe you care changing the wrong checking group?

Another possibility is that your sales order requirement exists at storage location or batch level. And your purchase orders only exist at plant level. The availability check looks at multiple segments and confirms the lowest segment. So you may have a requirement of 1000 in plant 1, storage location x. But your 1000 is available in plant 1, storage location y. It will not be available in storage location x so that requirement will not be confirmed.

If the above is not helpful, then a screenshot of CO09 would be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Noel for the reply.

I am giving the CO09 screenshot also the open purchase orders quantity are in the same plant and for the same storage location for which i am booking the order.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you paste the screen shot of the Availability check from the sales order.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Jobi for the reply.

The updated screen shot for Availability check from the sales order is given below.