Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional user and Limited types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While administering SAP users, it is quite easy to make mistakes in assigning user rights thus leading to over usage.

If every user is Professional, then there is no worry.

When collecting views on this issue, people say SAP contracts vary from client to client,

therefore it is difficult to say whether a particular admin operation of adding a right causes over usage or not.

However, when it comes to SAP annual audit, there is a specific logic used to identify the over usage.

Are the rules of this audit also vary from client to client?

Is every customer receiving an audit report just as the their respective agreement with SAP?

Or is it an audit based on global rules and same is applied to every customer?

If it is on global rules, then there would be some logic running behind to calculate the over usage.

Can any one please comment on this logic?

My aim is to abide by this logic or rule from day one of my Go-Live and be conformed to SAP agreement.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

The numbers collected in the licence audit are compared to each customer's contract. It has to be that way. Not all customers use just the standard licence types, and the boundaries between the types can vary also. In my experience, the wording is often fuzzy enough that there's no easy way to construct precise rules.

In summary, you need to looks at the wording in your contract and conform to that.

Steve.