cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we test SAP Work Manager 6.1 on local systems before deploying to SMP 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am trying to extend a few functionalities of SAP Work Manager 6.1.

Till Work Manager  6.0 we were able to use the stand alone Agentry server on our local machines to test our changes by publishing our custom Agentry application to the Agentry Development Server from Eclipse and using Agentry Test Environment  to view the results, I wanted to know if it is still possible to do that with SAPWM 6.1? If so, how and are there any configuration changes necessary for the same?

As of now we are using:

1. Agentry Server v6.0.22

2. Agentry Editor Plugin for Eclipse 7.0

3. Eclipse Kepler.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Shaunak,

First, you always need to match major Agentry version numbers across the Editor, Server and Clients.  Meaning if you are using Agentry 7 for the editor you must also be using an Agentry 7 server and clients.  Same goes for Agentry 6.1 (SMP 2.3).

Since Work Manager 6.1 is based on SMP 3  (Agentry 7) you will need to use an SMP environment for all your work.

With SMP3, just like with Agentry 6.0, you can install it locally on your development machine and use it to test your local changes prior to deploying up to the various environments in your landscape.  The requirements for running SMP3 will be different (check the docs) but you can install a Development configuration of SMP3 and work essentially the same as before.

I recommend using SMP 3.0 SP04 or higher since it supports multiple Agentry applications on a single server and with SMP 3 you can only install one instance unlike Agentry 6.x.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick response Bill,

This answers my question.

Answers (0)