cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check on Sale Order - Sale Order Change Warning Message Instead of Error Msg.

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I shifted credit check from Delivery Order (PGI) level to Sale Order creation level. It is working alright but when there is no credit limit available, I edit an existing sale order it accept quantity, suppose, existing quantity is 1 and user can change it to 2. It accepted this change with warning message.

I want to change the warning message to error message on edit of sale order. It is with error message at creation level.

Your quick response is required.

Thanks

Shahbaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the control is in OVA8 where you need to amend  to B

0 Kudos

Hello Siridhar

I did same config as you mentioned. (see blow screen)

It gives me error message while creating sale order with qty greater than credit balance.

While editing the same sale order it allows me to change qty exceeding credit limit. (See below screen)

Regards,

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saeed,

Were you able to solve this..?

Is this issue happening for all customers or only for one customer..?

Regards

Jobi

0 Kudos

Hi Jobi

It didn't resolve. It is happening for all customers.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

Sorry for late response.

1. I have checked the scenario by creating new sale order for newly created customer.

2. it is D    Like B + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded in configuration.

3. The availability check is still on delivery order level and I think it is not required parallel to credit check.

what it is doing, I already mentioned but adding little more;

1. When I create a sale order it gives error when credit limit exceeds.

2. When I modify this sale order it allow me to add cartons and save it with warning message.

3. When the credit limit exceeds, it release the credit and allow me to save the document. Secondly it ON delivery block. For instance;

1. Order creation;

Customer credit balance: Rs. 100,000/-

Sale Order Cartons: 11

Per carton rate: Rs. 10,000/-

On QTY 11 Cartons it gives error and I reduced qty to 10.

Order Saved.

Customer credit balance: Rs. 0.00

2. Order Modification;

Order modification with tcode va02.

Sale Order Cartons: 11

Order saved with warning message.

Customer credit balance: Rs. 100,000/-

Delivery Block gets ON for this order.

Regards,

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Saeed,

Are you running simple credit check..?

Check your order type in VOV8 .  In field " Check credit limit',  is it not 'D'.   If its not D,

Thanks

Jobi

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes any change in credit management shall not effect the old and existing documents neither there status upon changing.

The new documents when you create will have this new functionality.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mukkaram,

I shifted credit check from Delivery Order (PGI) level to Sale Order creation level. It is working alright

this Warning message you may get in old sales order or already partial Qty delivered sales order .

because this new change will effect on newly created sales order . kindly create new sales order and check you are getting error message or warning message .kindly update the status here .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVA8 change the settings for your Credit Check as "D" .

Regards,

SRK

0 Kudos

My settings are as following. It gives error message while creating sale order when exceeding the customer's available balance but when modifying the sale order by exceeding the number of cartons it gives only warning message and allow to save the sale order. I want that while editing if the value exceeds it should give error message.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly activate the Critical Field Functionality and assign the corresponding Reaction and Status and Test the cycle

I hope it will solve your issue

0 Kudos

I tested with Critical Fields but it is behaving same.

RSA

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It gives error message while creating sale order when exceeding the customer's available balance but when modifying the sale order by exceeding the number of cartons it gives only warning message and allow to save the sale order.

The above statement seems to be not correct, system will never allow to save the order once again when the qty is increased which was initially shown error message during creation of sales order in standard system based on your settings.

Were you able to save the sales order ?  in standard system will show the message but will not allow to save the order once again once it was showing error message during creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

When changing the sales order Quantity, please ensure that Availability check is also executed, Credit check runs while availability check is been caried out.

Regards,

Vairavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukarram,

When changing the sales order Quantity, please ensure that Availability check is also executed, Credit check runs while availability check is been caried out.

Regards,

Vairavan.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying to me or to OP ?.

BTW, for your information in my testing it is working( giving error message and not allowing to save the order) even with out checking the availability check when increased the qty in sales order and it is giving error message and not allowing to save the document unlike OP is complaining that it is not giving error message and that is what i have mentioned in my post please read it once again.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saeed,

As per your screen shot the static credit check has been enabled in your system with "C" where you would receive an warning message only.

Check by changing it to

D    Like B + value by which the credit limit has been exceeded

Regards,

SRK

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vairavan,

Availability check may trigger Credit Check, am not sure abt that, But there is no need of availability check to be carried out for triggering credit check.

If am wrong, can you throw some light on it..

Thanks

Jobi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you specify the Message number