cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Language Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Did anyone have experience with implementation of SAP C4C in a country where the language was not supported?

I have a potential project in a country which is not in the scoping list, so I'm not quite sure if it is possible to expand the language support and how.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,

Uros

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Uros

I have forwarded this to our development colleagues to find out the roadmap for languages.

- I think Uros is interested in  Bosnia and Hercegovina -do you know the roadmap for languges support and if these are included?

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the support! I'm looking forward to Pushkars response.

BR,

Uros

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uros,

SAP's recommended approach is to leverage the language translation toolkit available as part of the SAP Cloud for Customer. Read up on Section 4.9.5 Translating and Adapting UI Texts in the latest Admin guide to get a sense of activities needed to achieve the end result.

A snippet of the instructions is available below:

With the Language Adaptation in the Administrator work center you, as a key user, can translate the required work center and views into languages that are not supported by SAP. Also you can adapt centrally the terminology to your own needs. For example, if you are working in medical care and you don't have accounts but patients, you have to exchange the term Accounts on the UI by the term Patient that fits much better in your business context. Beside the field labels you can also adapt other UI elements such as value help and messages.

After you did the adaptations you will be able to export and import those text pools into other systems using Microsoft Excel or you can use the export and import to get the texts translated externally.

Prerequisites

• To translate an additional communication language you need to select it as allowed language in the Additional Communication Languages fine-tune activity in business configuration. To find this activity, go to the Business Configuration work center and choose the Implementation Projects view. Select your implementation project and click Open Activity List. Select the Fine-Tune phase, and then select the Additional Communication Languages activity from the activity list.
  • An additional communication language appears then also in the login screen with an extension <Language> (Customer Language) as soon as you created a text pool using that language.
  • You should have assigned the work centers you want to translate or adapt.

Hope this helps close out the matter appropriately for you.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pushkar,

Pushkar Ranjan wrote:

After you did the adaptations you will be able to export and import those text pools into other systems using Microsoft Excel or you can use the export and import to get the texts translated externally.

Is this working with the 1411? Especially the reimport of translated text?

If yes can you provide a small introduction? Because when i click on 'Update Texts from MS Excel' i get a download file but can not upload it again.

Thanks,

Tobias

dirk_stumpf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

here's an excerpt from an internal Wiki documentation used by development and product management. Hope that explains better how to use the Excel export/import than the official documentation (although it's a bit technical).

Regards,

Dirk

Excel Export and Import

The Excel Up-/Download capabilities can be used for mainly two purposes.

1. Text Pool Transport: Export existing text pools from a source system (e.g. a test system) and import them into a target system (e.g. a productive system).
  2. Translate Text Pools externally: Export a text pool, send it to an external translation agency, and import it again once it was translated.

Limitations

• Important to know! As of 1411 there's one essential limitation with the Excel import!

It is NOT possible to CREATE new text pools from scratch by simply importing an Excel exported from another system. The current Excel import is ONLY able to MODIFY an existing text pool.This means the text pool to be imported needs to be created manually in the target system before filling it with content via the Excel import.

• Language Adaptation is using the so-called Standard Excel Download and NOT the so-called Template Based Excel Download. Whereas it has to use the Template Based Excel Upload for the following two reasons:
    1. There is no standard Excel upload available from the Office Integration framework
    2. Parent-child relationships from root nodes to child elements (text pool root -> UI Texts, text pool root -> Code Texts, ...) are generally not supported by the Office Integration via standard mechanisms.

What does that mean for the end user? In order to transport all texts from a source text pool to a target system one first needs to export from the different text element tables separately. Second, download the Excel upload template from the text pool's root node. Then manually copy-paste the corresponding columns from the downloaded Excel files into the upload template. And finally import the filled upload template into the target system.

Example

I want to convey a text pool called 'Activity Workcenter in Bulgarian' from my test system into my productive system. The text pool has English as its source language and Bulgarian as its target language. It has the Activities workcenter as its only selected workcenter to be translated. It has been chosen to drill down for UI Texts, Code Texts, and Report Texts. It has been filled with Bulgarian target texts and everything looks as expected when logging on to the test system using Bulgarian (Customer Language). Now I want to have the same text pool in my productive system as well. What I need to do is:

1. Export the Excel files from each text table separately. In our example I will have to go to the UI Texts tab, the Code Texts tab, and the Report Texts tab and download separate Excels for each of these tables.
  2. I logon to the target system. Go to Administration -> Language Adaptation. Create the same text pool there manually. The text pool ID can be different. The source language can be different. But the target language must be the same as well as the text types to be collected (UI, Codes, Reports in our example). And of course also the workcenters to be collected must be the same (Activities in our example).
  3. I press Collect Texts to fill the text pool with text elements (still without target texts, of course). This step is mandatory!!!
  4. I save my target text pool.
  5. Download the Excel upload template from the target text pool.
  6. Copy-paste the content from the 3 Excel export files into the upload template file I received from step 5.
  7. Take care of the column names! For technical reasons the upload columns are not always the same as the download columns. One needs to copy/paste (multi-) column-wise.
  8. Don't forget to fill the Text Pool ID field in the upload Excel with the text pool ID given in the target system.
  9. Go to the SAP Add-in tab in Excel. Logon to your system. Press 'Save Data to'.

Error Handling

The most prominent error that can occur is the attempt to upload text elements that do not yet exist in the target text pool. This is indicated by an error message showing the Text-ID of the malicious text. According to the limitation mentioned above, it is neither possible to create entire text pools, nor is it possible to create new text rows for an existing text pool. The Excel upload is only capable of modifying the target texts of existing text elements.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uros,

Try the Language Adaptation tool in C4C Administrator WC if that helps:

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, this feature doesn't solve my problem, since the language which I need to use is beyond the ones that exist in scoping. So, the language doesn't exist in the list below:

I need to have it during the scoping phase in initial step, so that the whole system is translated to the wanted language:

Kind Regards,

Uros

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uros,

I would suggest to talk to SAP in this regards. May be raise an incident.

BR

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for the advice, I will follow it in the future.

BR,

Uros

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uros,

Please advise the language(s) you are looking for?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

Tha language in this case is Bosnian. I will give you more information in email.

Thank you!

BR,

Uros

dirk_stumpf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Uros,

as a workaround, until Bosnian will be available as Additional Communication Language in the Business Configuration Fine Tuning (not sure IF and WHEN this will happen) you might want to consider using the 'Customer Reserve' language.

Kind Regards,

Dirk