cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails are getting deleted after reading with POP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have implemented a scenario, where PI will read emails from a generic mail box and it picks the first attachment and place it on FTP. Configured the Sender Mail Adapter like following...

IF Attachment is exists on email then, PI is able to read the emails without deleting and also able to pick the Attachments and placing them on FTP....

ISSUE: IF Attachment is not there then, PI is able to read the emails however as there is no attachment nothing is placing on FTP. But the ISSUE here is, in this case the Email is getting deleted.

Could any one of you have faced this kind of issue earlier? Do needful to identify the root cause....

Transport Protocol --> POP3

Message Protocol --> XIPAYLOAD

Checked the check box of 'Keep Attachments'

and

Quality of Service as 'Exactly Once'

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Rams.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rams,

if you select IMAP then only mail will get deleted from the exchange server. if its POP3 then it just mark it as read. in your case you have selected POP3 but if mail still getting deleted then you need to check with exchange server team.

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears Inaki & Hidayat

Yes You both correct, but in my case it is deleting the messages after reading them. How can we check the issue on exchange server?

We are using 'http://outlook.office365.com/owa/'

Is there any place where we can see the logs to identify the root cause?

Thanks-
Rams

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rams,

As far as i know there is a problem of the mail server, with POP3 you can't control not to delete the mails, this control is only possible with IMAP4.

Regards.