Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move users between instances

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, collegues!

tell me please, how i can move my users from first DIA instace to SECOND?

I need it, for technical works at this instance, but i want that users will don't see this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If your requirement is to move or redirect the already logged in users from one AS to the other then it is not possible while they are connected. If the users are using logon groups to connect then you need to remove one of the AS's and ask the users to reconnect to the system again.

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To move, create a logon group that includes only those instance  on which you want users to work, and ask users tp use this logon group for logging.

Regards,

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

i do it.

But users working in two instnance at one time!

I need move all users of first instance to second... AS supported it?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can ask users to leave current sessions or either plan a maintenance window where no users are available for productive operations.

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

3000 users?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need a maintenance window to remove this instance from logon group or load balancers so that users are already aware of some activity is going to take place and they can avoid that duration when you are removing this instance from load balancers.

Regards,

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

I know how remove instance!

I need to move users from one instance to second! you know

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You said that you are created the logon group, have you configure same logon group in client desktops? refer the SCN link

SAP GUI Logon Configuration - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

BR

SS

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeap, i have 2 logon groups:

PUBLIC

SYSTEM

in PUBLIC 2 instances and in SYSTEM 2 instances.

If i shutdown one of instances, half users was lived self sessions, but i want move their to another instance automaticaly. Its realy?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.  Could you share your CI & how many Application instance(DI) are connected?

2. In an day how many concurrent users are connected?

BR

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

Active Instances                 Number of Active Users    Interactive Users         Number of RFC Users       Number of Plug-In Users

sapa03d01             333                       310                        23                         0

sapa03d02             402                       369                        33                         0

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. In transaction code SMLG create a single group and assign both instance on same group. and then you have to configure this in the end user desktop. for this refer the SCN link: Configure and use logon group (ABAP) - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

2. Once you have tested above in the SAPGUI logon pad, you can copy the same SAPLOGON.INI & Services files to all 3000 users by using ADS simple batch or cmd file or SCCM.

Regards

SS

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

I have, and so it's all done. I need to move users online, what would it had no effect on their work and do not lose their session. Is it possible? in SMLG I have two groups as users move between them?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Before going to end user, have you check the group (which you have created) on your desktop? is it really working or not?

Once you have configured end user desktop with new saplogon.ini, you may require to close SAPGUI then next time you open it will take effect from the SAPLOGON.INI file.

BR

SS

former_member226585
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to move users without their participation! Why should I create a group if you want them to show and explain that it is necessary to re-login or restart the SAP logon? where is the logic?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is "one time activity" only, you don't need to tell users again and again if you've configured this. If a user is logging on next time,it will automatically direct to the least loaded or the available instance in case anyone out of those is down.

BR

SS

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the only solution as you can move this for a connected sessions.